• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1.6 swap into a zuk?

The Goat 812

I have a friend that swapped a 1.6 8 valve from 92 sidekick. When he did the swap he used the 1.3 intake to keep it carbureted for the ease. Has anyone else made this swap and used the old intake instead of the efi and if so what fuel pump did u use? He used a cheap Mr. Gasket pump from advanced and I don't think it's moving enough fuel cause it won't stay running.

What carb is he running? I did a swap just like that, same pump too and ran a Webber. It needed a pressure regulator set at 3psi to run right,.

I think he's running what ever is stock, sorry I can't tell u more I'm not up to speed on zuks. Where did u get the pressure regulator? It'll start but sputters and dies. Makes me think its not getting enough fuel.

I've ran the big block with the small block head. It bumps the compression up a bit. Make sure it's timed right (Haynes manual used to be backwards) and a low pressure fuel pump with a regulator set to 2.5-3 psi. Should have just went with the injection, I used to build the wiring harnesses for the swap.

Latest posts