• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1 link ?????

tennessee_4x4_man

any one on here run a 1 link like a grader ball or like the su 360 joint is this set up good bad what not from what i have read 1 link and haft to use a pan hard bar

Had a buddy with an extended cab S10 with rockwells and 44's I believe. It was built as a mud truck but damn thing worked. Had another buddy with a Toyota 4Runner all chopped up with one tons leaf sprung front and 1 linked rear with a 2" bulldog hitch on 40's.....damn thing worked great!!

Re: Re: 1 link ?????

eva8uqez.jpg

I've seen 1 link work like a champ! But has to be setup right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car trailer has a one link on it :ban: seems like that would put ALOT of stress on the mounting point. But I don't know it's the first one I've seen. Believe I'll stick with the trusty 4 link set up.

there is a link some where where a guy on parate site had a jeep with rock wells and he was running a 1 link but for the like instead of grader ball or the 360 su joint he was useing a 1 1/4 heim joint 70.000 pound rateing and had just that one heim then had 2 more heims on his pan hard bar i was afread useing just the one heim might be dangerious eveing thow its useing a 1 inch bolt

A buddy of mine built that Samurai. He is also the one that built the extended cab S10 on Rockwells that was one linked I was referring to a couple posts up. He is a HUGE fan of the one link. He is a pretty accomplished fabricator :****:

I helped build a Toyota truggy with one link front and rear that worked great. As long as the mounts, axle and frame, are strong enough they work pretty good. The flatter the better, one link and panhard bar and suck down winches or limit straps are your friends. We built his with a gooseneck ball and a machined socket for one end and he bought one pre-made off of Pirate for the other.

tennessee_4x4_man said:
there is a link some where where a guy on parate site had a jeep with rock wells and he was running a 1 link but for the like instead of grader ball or the 360 su joint he was useing a 1 1/4 heim joint 70.000 pound rateing and had just that one heim then had 2 more heims on his pan hard bar i was afread useing just the one heim might be dangerious eveing thow its useing a 1 inch bolt
That jeep is now owned by my brother. It had 49 iroks when he got it and it done good but the suspension was sloppy. Guy who built it cut to many corners. Such as using ford pitman arms welded to the axle for panhard mounts and they broke off really quick after my brother got it. He has now torn the yeep down and building a buggy and using 4 link

i been doing some resherch on the frog fab 360 su joint looks strong has a lift time warenty does any on on here know much a bout that joint