• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

10 factory ****

Rockwells607

so i just finally got a set of 10 factory chromos that i ordered weeks back, and needless to say i am less than impressed, i got them from east coast gear supply with their drive flanges, well the stubs dont even fit into their flanges so i called them and they tell me that alot of chromos are slightly different sizes wich is why they dont fit, obviously i pitch a fit and the guy takes 50$ off my bill and tells me to shave the splines down a lil so they slide in the flanges.... anyone else have this problem with 10 factory or any other axles???? i guess i am under the impression that when ya buy a 35 spline shaft, it should fit a 35 spline hub! :dunno:

I had a short side inner custom made for my old 60 and was impressed with the shaft. Fitment was perfect and better than other chromo's i have had.

I've ordered two sets of axles, flanges, and joints..both sets of the short stubs were a pain with there flanges but with a little grease and a mallet they went right on...

My superior shafts and yuokon flanges went together nicely, I would have issue with grinding shafts to fit, seems odd

I've been running 10factory/alloy usa for yrs now. Been through a couple stubs and they all fit fine with teraflex flanges. It may be their flanges and not the shaft? See if you can find another brand stub and try it.

with both parts being heat treated small dimensional changes are to be expected, as many times as not the parts will fit better after heat treating.

i'm running RPM offroad's drive flanges and i had to use a little hammer love to get them installed the first time but after running them a while they are are really easy to remove and install. im running all ten factory shafts in my 60 with pretty good luck. i've only broken one stub in 3 pretty tough seasons

got the flanges to fit the axles today,some light grinding with flapper wheel and some grease with a brass hammer did the trick

i guess im ol fashion and expect to much from a product when i get it, i am a machinist and know when i hand in a part that doesnt match the print it gets rejected, so when i get parts like this that dont fit together it really pisses me off...either way i got them to work now...i was just surprised to see that there was (some assembly required) when i got them

the tons in my smith buggy are the first ive ever owned....sometimes i think i am a fool for straying away from my ol trusty favorite rockwells....

I got a ten factory outer on one side and a yukon on the other. The yukon is exact match to factory and the 10 factory is a little long. It all goes together but there is 0 slack in the 10 factory side. I thought it wasn't going to fit the first time I put it in. :****:

I bad to beat the piss out of my rpm drive flanges to get them to slide over my 10 factories
After a couple trips out they slid on and off ok
I never did get thespacer to fit under the cap though

thats funny cuz in the package there is a note that says they were out of the spacers and they will send them to me when they arrive....i will post up if they ever show or not

Latest posts