• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 bolt ff nose bearing

tommy450r

I am lucky enough to own one of these rare 14 bolts with the small pinion bearing on the nose. What can I do about getting another bearing?

This axle is going in the front of my bouncer could i machine some of that oiled bronze to the right specs and run that or do I need to locate a bearing?

Part number on old brearing Is bc-57524 brand is Torrington thanks for any help...

Found it. It was on Facebook. Hard Motorsports and Fab.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1590890454488843&id=1589448991299656

Thanks for the link!!! I guess I will go that route but I'm not paying 125 bucks for that little piece lol I will machine my own. What would make that piece so high??

Check with HEMAN FAB "traveler" on here .He has a new super secret bearing replacement that fixes everything. I have ran the factory bearing and it broke right away. I ran the bronze bearing and it worked but had to be replaced often. Now i am running the new bearing from Heman. It has been in for 6 months and is perfect. It is the new greatest 14 bolt bearing ever.

extremetownie said:
Check with HEMAN FAB "traveler" on here .He has a new super secret bearing replacement that fixes everything. I have ran the factory bearing and it broke right away. I ran the bronze bearing and it worked but had to be replaced often. Now i am running the new bearing from Heman. It has been in for 6 months and is perfect. It is the new greatest 14 bolt bearing ever.

I will give him a call tomorrow thanks for the info.

OK, trying to learn here, so be gentle, use lube and go slow....
What causes this issue? Is it pure design or is it related to setup and pinion angle or a combination of all of the above?? I run a 14 bolt, but not in a bouncer, trailer rig/crawler and am trying to figure out if I need to be proactive here...

joho75287 said:
OK, trying to learn here, so be gentle, use lube and go slow....
What causes this issue? Is it pure design or is it related to setup and pinion angle or a combination of all of the above?? I run a 14 bolt, but not in a bouncer, trailer rig/crawler and am trying to figure out if I need to be proactive here...

The cage / frame structure of the bearing can fail and once that happens it doesn't take long for those roller bearings to find a new home in the base of the housing. I've had it happen to me once. Don't know for sure what causes it but I'd assume it has to do with an incorrect preload on the pinion bearing.

It happens because of deflection of the pinion. When you hitting rocks and throwing more hp than it was designed for the pinion will try to move away from the ring gear. That bearing is the weakest link.

extremetownie said:
It happens because of deflection of the pinion. When you hitting rocks and throwing more hp than it was designed for the pinion will try to move away from the ring gear. That bearing is the weakest link.

Agreed, deflection causes the issue but I think what caused my straddle bearing to fail was an increase in deflection of the pinion due to the fact that my pinion nut came loose which caused me to lose the preload on my pinion bearings. I'd replaced my crush sleeve with a solid spacer about a year before that, and I'd reinstalled the old pinion nut and it just didn't stay locked tight like it was supposed to. Installed a new pinion nut and everything has been good since, straddle bearing included. thumb.gif

Latest posts