• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 bolts

Chevyjoe

ok so whats the difference between an 1 ton 10.5 ring gear 14 bolt full floater and a 3/4 ton 10.5 ring gear 14 bolt full floater? i have an 86 chevy k10 swb 1/2 ton that im wanting to swap an srw 8 lug 14 bolt and d44 into but wanna make sure i buy the correct 14 bolt so it bolts right in. thanks for any input.

I believe the spring perches are further apart on the 1-tons, so you would want a 3/4 ton. But I'm talkin out my ass, so I could be wrong!:redneck:

One of them has bigger brakes. But both might also be available on the 3/4T depending on the model.

I've heard the spring perches on the 1-tons as well, but they are pretty easy to grind off and move (don't try torching them off, they are a bear :D)
________
Medical cannabis seeds

Last edited:
O ya, there's a 14-bolt "bible" on Pirate. Might be a good start.
________
Black videos

Last edited:
haha yea thats what i thought. do you know if everything else mounts up correctly too? shocks, driveline, ect? (except for the wheels of course :redneck:) thanks for the input though :awesomework:

My old '79 3/4T Camper special had the bigger brakes (13X3.5) versus the supposed 1ton 14B I put into my 3/4T(had 13X2.5)<----(got a great deal on matched set w/ 4:10's & Detroit rear-old stuff was 3.73 open); Swapped the old stuff into an '87 1/2T--- bolted right in, just need to get the 14B ubolts as they are larger...oh and needless to say I kept the bigger rear brakes!:D

You can bolt a 1-ton or 3/4 ton 14 bolt's in I have both. The dually rearend won't fit but a 1ton single will. The spring perches on a dually are closer.

ya i know you can bolt a 3/4 ton right in but dirtygoat said the shock mounts are backwards? you cant bolt a 1 ton in though, the spring perches are different

wait, so the 3/4 ton axle wont bolt right in?

It will bolt into a 3/4 or 1/2 ton...

You can bolt a 1-ton or 3/4 ton 14 bolt's in I have both. The dually rearend won't fit but a 1ton single will. The spring perches on a dually are closer.

You may have a 1-ton rear and some one stole the 1-ton front leaving you with a 3/4 ton front and you're still running a 1-ton frame...

ya i know you can bolt a 3/4 ton right in but dirtygoat said the shock mounts are backwards? you cant bolt a 1 ton in though, the spring perches are different

Perches are different...

That may be, but the holes are in the frame to move the top mounts....easy solution!:awesomework:

I've only dealt with K5's, swr crew cabs and 1/2 or 3/4 swb trucks... I'm not a pro... But, here is a pic of a 1-ton still under the truck and a 3/4-ton being built...

pic007-1.jpg

pic015-3.jpg

ok cool. just wanted to make sure that besides new u-bolts, i could bolt a 3/4 ton 14 bolt into my 1/2 ton with no modifications and that looks like its goin to be the case.