• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 K Equipment trailers

I've only been around one tilt deck trailer and that was years ago. That one was a manual tilt deck, bumper pull in the 20 foot range. It was stupid heavy and expensive in comparison to the non-tilt deck trailers with same ratings and sizes. But the bossman had a good year, so wanted the more expensive option for tax purposes.
I heard back from PJ today and what you say is more true than I realized, their 16+4 tilt deck weighed almost 4,200lbs and a 18+2 was under 3,000. I knew there was more steel in a tilt but 1,200 worth is crazy, it sure uses up a chunk of your capacpity.

Where did you get it at?

Chattanooga Trailer and Rental. Really easy to deal with, but it was about a 3 hour drive for me each way. Worth the trip- love the trailer. I recommended to a friend and he found a dealer somewhere over in SC.

You won't fit a full width buggy on one but we have this 14k trailer at work. It's has hydraulics that drop it almost flat on the ground. If anybody wanted a slick trailer to haul equipment on and wasn't afraid to spend the money these are a cool option to a tilt deck.

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_170213.jpg
    IMG_20200425_170213.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 411
I'm really surprised there's no body running tilt decks , is it the initial cost or maybe difficulty loading a broken rig?

I've also wondered what else you guys are hauling with your trailers , did you you buy a 14k trailer to haul a 4K rig or do they see heavier equipment hauling duties?

In my case, I intended to buy a skid steer eventually and also wanted the option to load a rzr up front and full width rig in the back. A 7k axled trailer weighing 1500lbs has 5500-6000 capacity. My rig is about 5k and a rzr is what 1.5k? I'd rather have too much capacity than not enough. The 16" tires seems to be more stout than the 15" as well.

Iron bull. 22' with dove and monster ramps, 6" channel with 102" wide deck and drive over fenders- available in 14k or 16k. I shopped around a lot and had to travel to get this one. You can get this one new for about $4500. Great welds, powdercoat appears to be solid. I have only had it 6-7 months but it a great trailer so far.

View attachment 118001

Where did you pick this up at?
I saw one of Ironbull's new 8" HD models at the track and it was very nice, a little heavy at 3,200 lbs. but had nice welds and power coat was top notch. It had a huge storage box built into the tongue , the frame was built of 8" I beam and it looked like it could handle 20K lbs.

Last edited:
Jeff, have you looked into Lawrimore in Falkville? I have purchased 5 trailers from Bobby with 14k axle setup to haul skid steers and mini ex's with and have not had any trouble out of them. Just a suggestion.

Lawrimore builds some good trailers for sure and at a reasonable price too,paint ain't the greatest but can't beat their deals. I've personally bought 4 trailers from them,my daughter bought one couple weeks ago to haul her rzr and I turned my bossman onto them last year instead of wasting his money with big tex. We've got 3 at warehouse and their building us a new gooseneck as we speak.

Lawrimore builds some good trailers for sure and at a reasonable price too,paint ain't the greatest but can't beat their deals. I've personally bought 4 trailers from them,my daughter bought one couple weeks ago to haul her rzr and I turned my bossman onto them last year instead of wasting his money with big tex. We've got 3 at warehouse and their building us a new gooseneck as we speak.

I am up to 11 total from Bobby between my personal ones and work trailers. I ordered a 22' wide body, drive over fender trailer with 7k's and it came out perfect at a great price. I will buy from them again when I need another open deck.

We have a Gator built 14 it's a I beam with H beams cross beams. Very well built trailer with wide spring assistanced ramps. You can buy directly at the place there made in London Ky

Just picked this 14k 20' SureTrac up today. Pretty excited to start hauling some equipment on it. Never used this style ramps before but they seem like it'll be nice.

Attachments

• PXL_20210117_162245662.jpg
    PXL_20210117_162245662.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 177
Just picked this 14k 20' SureTrac up today. Pretty excited to start hauling some equipment on it. Never used this style ramps before but they seem like it'll be nice.
Where'd you get it & how do you like the welds? I see lots of Sure-trac dumps on the road by me.

I took the plunge & got a new 18' 14k Moritz. If the OP is still looking I can post up some extra details & pics.
20210118_144217.jpg

what's the axle setup on that Mortiz? torflex? drop axle?
Looks like a "deckless" trailer (doesn't have a separate deck frame over a tongue frame), but from that angle it looks like the axle would be though the frame I beams

EDIT: nevermind, saw the other post, torsion axle

what's the axle setup on that Mortiz? torflex? drop axle?
Looks like a "deckless" trailer (doesn't have a separate deck frame over a tongue frame), but from that angle it looks like the axle would be though the frame I beams

EDIT: nevermind, saw the other post, torsion axle
Yeah it's a deckless or mono frame, whatever it's called. Although I just glanced at it I'm pretty sure it's either 2" or 4" drop based on the fender height.

It's identical to designs from Diamond C & Felling for a lot less $$$.

Tilt deck is the only way to go in my opinion. I had a 22ft kaufman low deck full length tilt that I just sold a few months ago my new diamond C 24ft deckover tilt should be here in about 2 more weeks. Loading anything whether it runs or has 4 flats and locked up brakes is super easy and the best part is you don't have any ramps to slide in and out or raise up and down. Well worth the extra weight and cost.
Pic is of the old trailer, I can update once the new one comes in.
20200925_161512.jpg

Where'd you get it & how do you like the welds? I see lots of Sure-trac dumps on the road by me.
Found it on Facebook Marketplace, most of the important welds I've seen so far look decent but I need to re weld an angel iron on the ramp because it's broke. Always heard good things about SureTrac and I'm also in the Cincinnati area and see a good bit of them.

Latest posts