• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1943 MB Tube thingy updates...

wanderingwillys

I am going to try a new thing to stay working on this thing - I have been really slow recently but I figure if I post up a little bit here and there I will stay more modivated and make more time for it... Enjoy

Matt

Attachments

• front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • rear1.jpg
    rear1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,190
  • front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,181
Last edited:
Pinion brake

These were done with a homebuilt bracket and rotor spacer - the parts are 1980's eldo rear discs and calipers - note the two piece lower caliper bolt (cool huh)

Matt

Attachments

• pinion_brake1.JPG
    pinion_brake1.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,182
  • pinion_brake2.JPG
    pinion_brake2.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,179
  • pinion_brake3.JPG
    pinion_brake3.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 1,151
  • pinion_brake4.JPG
    pinion_brake4.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,134
Door bars

I used some 316 stainless for the slider and then a captured spring in the piece of capped rectangular tube...

Attachments

• bar_tip.jpg
    bar_tip.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,111
  • bar_latch.jpg
    bar_latch.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,118
  • bar_closed.jpg
    bar_closed.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,093
Rear Steer Valve Mount

I managed to get a pretty nice parker D03 valve off ebay for ~30$ so after finding the right adapter plate I came up with a mount that sits right under the edge of the driver seat on the tunnel...

The base plate has a nice dimpled speed hole and is off the tunnel on some little standoffs for water and crap clearence - the back side off the mount is ported for the manifold and it turned out pretty rock solid tapped into the tunnel...

The big frame next to it is the mount for the active rear suspension rams and the rear hydraulic winch I built from a hydro motor (more pics later) :rolleyes:

Matt

Attachments

• rearsteer_valve1.jpg
    rearsteer_valve1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,079
  • rearsteer_valve2.jpg
    rearsteer_valve2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,065
  • rearsteer_valve3.jpg
    rearsteer_valve3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,053
oh hell if that was mine I wouldn;t leave the garage until it was done. That thing kicks ass. :cheer:

That is a sweet ride! make sure to take some pics of that thing in action when you get it out on the trail. very cool....

Someday this thing will get finished....right Matt?

I have been e-stalking you and this build up ever since you built your rims up...and started the tube work...and cut the body...and....

How long ago was that now...? 2-3 years ago:clappy:

Latest posts