• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1943 Willys MB

oneIwilly

Imported_Photos_00295.jpg

This is my 1943 Willys MB. This jeep is fresh out of the barn. This jeep has all original equipment. It is packing, the one and only L134 go devil engine attached to the T84 trans and timeless dana 18 t case! The engine has an MB # on the boss.

shovel and ax

This jeep even has the original shovel and axe on it still. This jeep runs great and drives pretty good for its age. This jeep does need some brake work however. I may be putting this up for sale in the near future, any ideas on its value?
Imported_Photos_00310.jpg

plan

The original plan was to buy a dj5 frame and a flatfender tub and build a wheeler. My buddy Art found this jeep and I ended up with it, in non running condition. Turned out all it needed to run was a coil, some points and a battery. It runs awesome, but will not stop.lol. I dont think im going to be able to cut this one up, im thinking ill sell it to someone who wants a restoration. Ill go find me a cj2a tub to molest
Imported_Photos_00307.jpg

I realize you're on the dry side, but whats the rust like on it?

You've got some hard to find parts on it, I know that. And that it runs makes all the better.

Try to keep the stock wheels on it though...

I'm going to ask around for value. I know some people that know some people....

But let me know about the rust. Its a killer...

BTW, what is the MB#?

Is it titled? Or just being run around with old plates? ;-)

Any other history other than 'found in barn by buddy'? History is big for restoration buffs.

I do have a value range, but need more info... :stirpot:

Last edited:
title

Yes there is a title, and a story. There is a little rust, but what do you expect... The lady (65 yo woman), said that her dad, bought the jeep from a friend a long time ago. Dad drove the jeep all over the place and it was his baby. I asked about his maintenance ethic, the lady said he took better care of the jeep than anything.He died 7 yrs ago. He set the keys down and the jeep went to sleep.
Imported_Photos_00315.jpg

I'd do some general clean up and rock that thing excatly the way it is.... and I'm not even a "jeep" guy. But I do have a soft spot for an original(ish) war era.

I'd be curious to know what you want for it. If the price is right..........

frame

I only have these pictures of the underside. The frame has had a few repairs in the bumper areas, but looks pretty rust free.
Imported_Photos_00302.jpg

Who ever said money cannot buy happiness, was obviously not flat broke when something like this came along. Because if I had money, I would buy this, and that would make me very happy!

Id love to fall into something exactly like this, media blast the entire thing, and then squirt some basic paint, put it together and rock it just like it is. Maybe toss a single hoop roll bar on it. Total summer time cruiser!

hehe, any desire to own a jetboat?!

money for nothing, chicks for free.

Now the story of how I got this jeep. Art calls me up and says we are going to look at a jeep. On the way out he tells me to give him a thumbs up or a thumbs down, on if I wanted it or not..... Art has a 51 m38 that I keep running, and a cj2a that im about 75% finished putting an engine in for him. I never really ask to be paid, I mostly help him out because hes a good friend. I got the jeep for the work on his cj2a, that I would have done anyway. So in my eyes, I got this thing for FREE!
Imported_Photos_00316.jpg

I have a fairly decent range, but I think it might be closer to the lower end, considering the work needed to really bring it back to the living. Not quite scrap, but I think it's worth a restoration project.

So, shout out a price. What's the worse someone could say?

Try this site:

http://g503.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=b52e99b77619d9a917f4ad27a53590cd

This is the 'For Sale' section. Yours is better than some, not as good as others.

This may come under the "Its worth what someone will pay." Which, at the moment, is more than I have.

The range I found was between $500 up to $3,000. And I wish I had either.... :mad:
Or I'd have come over with the $500 and towed it home, without the big tires on it...