• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1968 Dodge D200 Mega Cab Tow rig *(Possibly for sale)*

Re: 1968 Dodge D200 Tow rig/Daily driver Project

Picked up a wrecked 6.7 dually 4x4. All according to how much cutting and trimming I end up having to do. Looks like I'm going to have to extend the cab like a mega cab to get all of the interior to fit like I want it. Should be fun

Id call it Heavy D

Id paint it forest service green.

01212_58Av0Ccj8tl_600x450.jpg

Color: Cream-sickle and pearl flake white.
Name: Why do vehicles need names? D200 SUX...... Lol

Check this one out.

built by Time Warp Customs on a 2014 Ram 3500 chassis.

Attachments

• Power Wagon.jpg
    Power Wagon.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,597

Craig said:
Check this one out.

built by Time Warp Customs on a 2014 Ram 3500 chassis.
That one was finished up this past October. It's the only one I have been able to find that was a dually and step side bed. It's a beautiful truck
Eddyj said:
Will it have tow mirrors?
Plan on leaving the original mirrors on it

BTW the D200 SUX was kind of a robocop thing...

I was looking at a d200 crew today :****: I was thinking about a cummins swap. The dodge icon build is what made me start looking.

We had a 63' and a 65' . Both we bought brand new. Trucks back than had very few features, unlike my 17' king ranch. The hoods are as big as truck beds. Takes two hands to close them. Will be interesting.

That's right. Icon has built a few nice fleet side D200's
Going to have to extend the cab roughly 12" to make the 4th gen interior work and either shorten the frame or lengthen the bed around 10" to get the bed to work.
I've got the wrecked 4th gen stripped down and will doing some cutting on it next week. Hopefully have the cab off the 68 next week as well as soon as I get done painting an ole Freightliner at the shop. It takes up too much room.

Awesome build, exactly what I've been wanting to do but haven't had the cash to start. Except for me I wanted to upgrade a few things on the interior but leave it for the most part looking stockish.

Stuntman Autoworks said:
Awesome build, exactly what I've been wanting to do but haven't had the cash to start. Except for me I wanted to upgrade a few things on the interior but leave it for the most part looking stockish.
The 68 I bought doesn't have the original steel dash that came with these trucks. It has some ghetto Chevy 80's dash in it.
I'm planning on swapping all of the dash components from the 6.7 truck so it will have, heat/ac, all the gages, cruise control, etc.
The headliner in these truck are a 2 piece design and insert into the steel roof. They look really cool original so I will probably have them recovered and the seats recovered in leather to match

Same color as your buggy w an off white roof.

This thing will be cool as ****!

mckeddie said:
Same color as your buggy w an off white roof.

This thing will be cool as ****!

Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards. Buggy is custom red and charcoal based off of 2015 corvette and 2016 Tahoe with some extra Metallic flake in both. It really pops outside in the sun.
Either the matching red with charcoal top or a creamish top

zayne2427 said:
Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards. Buggy is custom red and charcoal based off of 2015 corvette and 2016 Tahoe with some extra Metallic flake in both. It really pops outside in the sun.
Either the matching red with charcoal top or a creamish top

First color sceme that popped in my head, then I remembered your buggy. Lol.

Latest posts