• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1970 cuda going on the dyno.....WHP predictions?

Re: Re: 1970 cuda going on the dyno.....WHP predictions?

tonybolton said:
I agree on the duals. I'll also admit this thing is not tuned 100% I mean it starts good ...cruised good but has some quirks in certain throttle positions.

You compression ratio is awful too.... I am saying 335/370 tuned

Re:

Fwiw....I'm not expecting the moon. To me....driving it feels something like an 03/04 Cobra....maybe one with a small pulley upgrade. I think those made like 380/380.

Re: Re: Re: 1970 cuda going on the dyno.....WHP predictions?

tonybolton said:
Thought it seemed fine for a pump gas street engine. :-\

It is, but it's bad for power... There is no reason for it not to be around 10.2-10.3:1 though ... flat pistons and big combustion chambers are a recipe for a lazy engine (although 500ci very rarely feels tame, you know what I mean)

I agree. There's a reason there is an LS in my GTO now. The old 10.5-11:1 motor required better fuel than you could get from the pump. I wanted to drive it, not look at it. There is a huge difference between the squish pattern in new engines combustion chambers design and old engines. When you couple that with adaptive fuel and timing by computers, you can get away with 10:1 new model engines on pump gas.

pholmann said:
I agree. There's a reason there is an LS in my GTO now. The old 10.5-11:1 motor required better fuel than you could get from the pump. I wanted to drive it, not look at it. There is a huge difference between the squish pattern in new engines combustion chambers design and old engines. When you couple that with adaptive fuel and timing by computers, you can get away with 10:1 new model engines on pump gas.

New Audi and Mazda cars are 13:1 Chevy even has many at 11.5:1 or more .... Boosted applications are seeing a static compression of almost 18:1 at wot.... computers & direct injection are changing the potential of internal combustion engines quickly

I agree the dual quads are going to hurt the numbers, but I bet they look cool and that's what an old school hot rod is supposed to have. I will guess 345hp, 380 tq. booyang Old cudas are bad ass. :****:

muddinmetal said:
New Audi and Mazda cars are 13:1 Chevy even has many at 11.5:1 or more .... Boosted applications are seeing a static compression of almost 18:1 at wot.... computers & direct injection are changing the potential of internal combustion engines quickly

It is amazing what they are doing now.

Hard to beat the rumble of the old stuff though 8)

I've never really had anything that was picture worthy or made people stop and say "cool car", but I must admit the feeling when I drive this thing its pretty awesome.

Was unloading it at the dyno shop and had three or four people come over from across the business park to take pictures of it ....made me feel pretty good. Makes me miss my dad a lot.

Re:

He probably doesn't like my wheel and tire choice and I'll admit I did go a little bit thin in the back(burning them down every chance I get 8) )but I think overall as long as I'm doing what I want to do with the car and enjoying it...I think he'd be happy.

I think he reluctantly wouldn't like the way that it drives as he was a drag racer but secretly I think he would be surprised on how well it can actually be a great and safe driver now.

Re:

Be a day or so....there's a few ahead of me for some group / club tuning day thing.

Will also add that through some stumbling out out of the hole issues and traction...it trapped 84mph in the 1/8th mile.

http://youtu.be/BEtg1tHG13M

im trapping 100 in the 1/8 with traction issues also and Im at 568rwhp/546tq
[/quote]

What's the specs on this ride?

Latest posts