• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1970 cuda going on the dyno.....WHP predictions?

Eddyj said:
747 hp 747 tq :flipoff1:

It's no Hellcat! ;) But maybe if I do some ricer internet calculation, an oil change and re-oil the K&N filter....i'll get about 50 more hp!!! :)

I think if I could get the traction and leave off anything other than IDLE.....it'd run with my Mustang. It's a mid 7 1/8th on slicks and a high 7/low 8 car on street tires. This car dyno'd at just over 400whp and just under 500tq on the wet-kit.

Once the Cuda gets into 2nd gear its got some pull. The drag run in the video it was on some Tiger Paw 275/60/15 tires that were like plastic. Although I have 20's on the back now, the tire is a much MUCH more performance tire. I can actually put it up on the converter a lil bit.

[email protected]

If we're playing by price is right rules, I'm going with 1. :flipoff1: :flipoff1:
And the second package in the showcase showdown. I'll sell the Altima and the washer/dryer to fund a newer tow pig and take the vacation to Sydney.

5BrothersFabrication said:
If we're playing by price is right rules, I'm going with 1. :flipoff1: :flipoff1:
And the second package in the showcase showdown. I'll sell the Altima and the washer/dryer to fund a newer tow pig and take the vacation to Sydney.

I'm surprised you'd go to a liberal place like Australia. :stir: :flipoff1:

pholmann said:
I agree. There's a reason there is an LS in my GTO now. The old 10.5-11:1 motor required better fuel than you could get from the pump. I wanted to drive it, not look at it. There is a huge difference between the squish pattern in new engines combustion chambers design and old engines. When you couple that with adaptive fuel and timing by computers, you can get away with 10:1 new model engines on pump gas.

My LS is a touch over 11:1 and runs off pump premium, no hiccups whatsoever.

redneckengineered said:
My LS is a touch over 11:1 and runs off pump premium, no hiccups whatsoever.

was gonna say..... my lq4 is a touch under 11:1 and runs off of pump premium with zero issues as well.

OP, nice cuda. it's a shame how beautiful older cars are, but just need so much more work to make them fast due to technology passing them by.

:driving:

Elliott said:
im trapping 100 in the 1/8 with traction issues also and Im at 568rwhp/546tq

What's the specs on this ride?

06 corvette. Ls2 6 speed. Custom cam, fast 102 intake, 102 throttle body, kooks headers, 3" catless xpipe into dumps and spraying 150 shot

Can we get some current pic's!!!! I remember the random pic but don't think it showed the engine. :fish:

3462a2a6f9eaa59681550160225ef02c.jpg

Re: Re: 1970 cuda going on the dyno.....WHP predictions?

half ton said:
With 500 cubic inches and given the specs i would not be surprised if it put down 425.

:woot:
It'd be nice....but like said before the carb situation is a small roadblock. Maybe with some tuning though.

Re: Re: 1970 cuda going on the dyno.....WHP predictions?

tonybolton said:
It'd be nice....but like said before the carb situation is a small roadblock. Maybe with some tuning though.

True with the carbs but if you spin up enough it may work through the lazieness..
Nothing crazy but up to 6500 or so. Either way i hppe you get good numbets :D

Re:

tonybolton said:
I just added the wheels....dad took care of it for 45 years.

I made it handle better as well.

Excuse me, I need a moment.... :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Ok. better now flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem

Re:

Well....definitely more bark than bite. Also, it is a mustang dyno.

347/389

Was told I just have some conflicting parts. Intake manifold and carbs aren't a good match for the cam.

I remember when Dad brought this crate motor home it had a high rise intake manifold and a single 1050 carb....and that's exactly what they told me that it needed. :). Said there's probably a good 50+ HP right there. Looks cool though. Hahahaha

Had a lot a really close guesses!! I don't see how you guys could be so close. Definitely smarter than me!