• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 1988 Samurai - Tin Top

clemsonjeep

I picked this up back in February with hopes and dreams to do something with it. Unfortunately, I won't be getting around to that in a reasonable amount of time so I'm going to pass it along. It's not much to look at as it's been rattle canned black and the doors and hood were replaced from a red body at some point. It has stock running gear, but has had a 1.6 8v motor swap using an adapter to the stock Samurai 5 speed. There is a brand new Weber carburetor on the motor. It has lift shackles and "decent tires".

Clean title in hand.

The best thing about it is this...very little rust. The driver floor had some in the past, but it has been patched. The only rust spots I've noticed are two small spots on the windshield frame I'd planned to cut out and replace.

The bad thing is that while the previous owner was installing the new carburetor he dropped a screw or screws in the intake which damaged the head and the pistons. It does come with a 1.3 motor that's in pieces. There is a block with clutch attached and 2 complete heads. All of these parts would need to be cleaned and checked, but were said to "run" before the engine was disassembled.

The previous owner also recently replaced all lubricants in axles, transmission, and tcase with Lucas products. I believe he had the front end apart to reseal it at the time.

Sorry I don't have better pictures, but if you're interested I'll get more. Right now the Samurai is parked inside my shop with my buggy and F100 enjoying the A/C and staying dry. :****:

Located in Camden, SC contact me at 8038406124

Asking $1,700

Pics
b840f9b6b10c775ac00f97faf9c55ec1.jpg
67018cdfa49122fb186258308bd1b882.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

93805a0788585a67a1e425d44eb2da82.jpg

I remember pulling into Grayrock when I was still in high school (2004 or 2005) and a line of Samurais being pulled on lawn mower trailers were passing me leaving. Ever since then I have wanted one. If I wasn't trying to put back every dime I make this would definitely become part of the fleet. Good Luck with Sale!!!!!

Thanks! I've had 5 Samurais to date and this was the first time I had a "lawn mower" trailer I could put one on. I had a good time with that...the whopping 5 miles I had to drag it home. Really makes me want to build a custom trailer like I've seen others do with a dually axle thats just big enough for my buggy.