• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2008 Massey Ferguson 3635 low hours / 78 hp / loader

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
2008 Massey Ferguson 3635
Massey Ferguson DL 250 front loader
78 hp
854 hours
12/12 transmission (4 speed transmission, 3 speed transfer case)
This totals to 12 gears for forward and 12 gears for reverse.

This tractor was my wife's father's. He passed away a couple years ago and we have no need for a tractor of this size. The joystick was broken, so I put a new joystick and new RC cables on it. I also got the seat recovered. It has been used on a chicken farm, so there are signs of use and a little surface rust, but overall it is in good shape with relatively low hours. I've seen 2 others listed online for much more that also had double the hours. I believe this one also has what is called a power reverser. It has the forward/neutral/reverse lever on the steering column and there is a button on the transmission shifter you can push that makes it go into neutral as well.

The bad:
Something is going on with it recognizing that it's in forward or reverse. It has the F-N-R shuttle shift on the steering column and standard 12/12 transmission gears. Transmission light comes on sometimes and it won't go forward or reverse. Cut it off and crank it back up a few times and eventually it will go. Doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it may not do it at all. I moved some brush around on our property with it the other day, then went to move it so I could mow the following weekend, and it wouldn't go without cranking it a few different times. Cranks and runs perfectly, transfer case and transmission gears all shift perfectly. I have no idea what is wrong with it, has to be electrical like a sensor or bad/shorted connection somewhere because when it works, it works flawlessly. If the transmission light is fully on, it won't go. If the transmission light is only flashing or off, it will go just fine. It just started this earlier this summer. We've moved it around to store it several times since her father passed, driving several miles across town and such, and never had a single problem til moving it around recently at our house. It has a shared hydraulic fluid system and it is full, so it's not a low fluid issue. With that said, it is priced accordingly. If it were not for this issue, it'd be an easy $20k+ tractor.

$16,000 obo
Located near Sylvania, AL 35988
Contact Josh at 256-six three eight-5336.
Please text or call.
I stay busy so please leave a voicemail, email, or send text if I am unable to answer and I will return your call asap. Thanks!

7a4c51829fa213e3e0f9586e54006507.jpg

6a31e289260b5f3c9cb6e9cc629305a2.jpg

fe40f661d5e90fca24323b87d2b6a106.jpg

32fbe9ae0e923b49286dac3295cf440a.jpg

bca59befc5e1cea381e890aa169040fa.jpg

4358e31fcf47fcdeeca6cc8b0d3a3149.jpg

be8ceb650a64a2dfb9f5a06f1cc2c6ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I will trade you that black z71 for this even, then you can have a interracial pair of trucks.

Re: Re: 2008 Massey Ferguson 3635 low hours / 78 hp / loader

zukimaster said:
I will trade you that black z71 for this even, then you can have a interracial pair of trucks.
Throw in a little side piece of Marsha and you got a deal!

TacomaJD said:
2008 Massey Ferguson 3635

The bad:
Something is going on with it recognizing that it's in forward or reverse. It has the F-N-R shuttle shift on the steering column and standard 12/12 transmission gears. Transmission light comes on sometimes and it won't go forward or reverse. Cut it off and crank it back up a few times and eventually it will go. Doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it may not do it at all. I moved some brush around on our property with it the other day, then went to move it so I could mow the following weekend, and it wouldn't go without cranking it a few different times. Cranks and runs perfectly, transfer case and transmission gears all shift perfectly. I have no idea what is wrong with it, has to be electrical like a sensor or bad/shorted connection somewhere because when it works, it works flawlessly. If the transmission light is fully on, it won't go. If the transmission light is only flashing or off, it will go just fine. It just started this earlier this summer. We've moved it around to store it several times since her father passed, driving several miles across town and such, and never had a single problem til moving it around recently at our house. It has a shared hydraulic fluid system and it is full, so it's not a low fluid issue. With that said, it is priced accordingly. If it were not for this issue, it'd be an easy $20k+ tractor.

Out of curiosity I checked on a couple of Tractor Forums (yes they have those) and found these two threads about your specific tractor and possible problems/fixes for you.

Easiest fix:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/massey-ferguson-owning-operating/305954-2007-mf-3645-wont-shift.html

More detailed with possible fixes:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/massey-ferguson-buying-pricing/250382-mf-3600-series.html

Re:

You know I'm the google king right? Lol. I've read a bunch about it, it's over my head to fix.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
You know I'm the google king right? Lol. I've read a bunch about it, it's over my head to fix.

Ha that's an understatement in terms of your Google-kungfu and If figured you may have tried similar things.

Re:

I aint got time to fool with it any further, although I may take dash apart to see if rats may have gotten ahold of some wires. Found a rat nest under the dash. Other than that, just need it gone.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I aint got time to fool with it any further, although I may take dash apart to see if rats may have gotten ahold of some wires. Found a rat nest under the dash. Other than that, just need it gone.

Understandable there and sounds like a plan.

You should really consider selling real estate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Re: 2008 Massey Ferguson 3635 low hours / 78 hp / loader

Zjman said:
You should really consider selling real estate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lol. We had it for sale for over a month before listing it here and dropping price on craigslist.

Guy and an older man drove 5 hours from south GA to get it today, they got to our house and the son of a bitch would not move an inch. Tranny light was on and would not move forward or reverse. We messed with it for about 45 min, the old man was the one buying it, he made an offer well below asking price and said he would hire someone to come get it with a roll back since it wouldn't move (we had no way of loading it on their trailer since it wouldn't go). I felt terrible. First time it done it right out of the gate. Usually you can crank it up and move it, then cut it off and it happens the next time you try to move it back to where it stays parked. Anyways, they left, aggravated Im sure. I know I was. I kept ****ing with it, slammed the loader down on the ground and noticed the tranny light started flashing instead of staying on....so I put it in gear and mf'r took off! Called the guys back, they turned around and came back, wrote wife a check for a little more than their offer prior, drove it around the back yard, loaded up and left with it. Crazy ****. Idk wtf was wrong with it. Could be $400 fix or $4k fix. There's an independent tractor mechanic in town that used to work for a local massey dealer before it closed down, and he said he did not even want to try fooling with it. Bold statement from a man that works on tractors for a living and did specialize in the MF brand. Just glad it's gone. The man got it cheap enough to where if he has to spend $5k on it, he will still be in it at a decent overall investment price. Glad it's gone.