Sold/Expired 2012 Jim's Garage 4 seat buggy

crawlin85cj

Barco Motorsports
de5y4eva.jpg

e5yjy8ut.jpg

a8y8uzat.jpg

e4ugatyg.jpg

tadeqyte.jpg

This buggy was completed in February 2012 as a turn key build by Jim's Garage. I spared nothing on parts when it was built and it is absolutely amazing. It climbs well, rides great and is incredibly comfortable. Every part was new except the transmission, Atlas, brake booster and knuckles. Those parts were all put on my Jeep new and ridden about 5 times.

On to the details...

Chassis - Jim's Garage #20 4 seat, 1.75" tube, .155 overheads, .250 subframe and rock rails, .120 wall main structure, UHMW skid and fully powder coated. Spare skid

Engine - TKES LS6 crate motor. Full ceramic coated exhaust. Kevko trap door oil pan.

Transmission - TCI MVB TH350 with 2400 TCI stall converter. Art Carr shifter.

Transfer case - Atlas 4 speed 10.34:1 with race gears.

Front axle - Spider9 housing, Mega HI9 center with spool, Solid C, Solid knuckles, Solid outer kit, Branik 4340 Foote forged shafts, Solid drive slugs and Ouverson ujoints. Full set of spare shafts and joints.

Rear axle - Ruffstuff trussed and tig welded housing, Solid Super14 drop out, ARB, Solid outer kit, Branik 300M double spline shafts and Solid drive slugs. ARB activated by a Powertank jet pack via air toggle. Full set of spare shafts and 2 extra CO2 bottles.

Suspension - 4 link front and rear with KING 2.0x14" coil over shocks, KING 2.0 bumps on all 4 corners, 2.5" 7075 lower links and 1.5" DOM upper links.

Steering - PSC double ended cylinder with super flow pump and filtered reservoir. Quick release Grant wheel. This thing steers unreal!

Brakes - Vanco hydroboost with dedicated PSC pump and reservoir.

Cooling - Ron Davis radiator, Setrab transmission cooler, Derale tube and fun steering cooler, heat sink engine oil cooler.

Fuel system - ATL black box trap door system with in tank pump placed inside a custom 17 gallon aluminum fuel cell. Aeroquip canister fuel filter. Aeroquip regulator. Spare fuel filter.

Seats - Twisted Stitch Apex custom 2 tone carbon fiber front and rear. Crow 5 point harnesses.

Wheels/tires - 42" BFG Red Krawlers mounted on 20" TrailReady HD wheels. 2 spare wheels and tires.

Body - Jeep CJ fiberglass hood, cowl and grill by Twisted Customs. Panels are all powder coated alumimum.

Electronics - Autometer gauges, marine touch panel, Lowrance GPS, ICOM race radio.

Lighting - LED interior lighting, HID headlights, 12" Laserstar LED bar, LED tail lights.

There is a ton of details I am missing and honestly I would be here for days spelling out every detail. The attention to detail in parts and craftsmanship is amazing. I hate to even type this and I will regret selling it.

The buggy is currently at Wide Open Design and I was planning on freshening it up after the year. We were going to put new skins on it, replace all the heims with QA1 chromoly heims and a new rear seat cover that was torn by a tree limb. This plan is still on and will continue as scheduled.

As it sits - $63,000.00
Freshened up - $65,000

Build thread

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=14955

**** I'm dumb for this.

new favorite buggy this thing is bad ass....wish i had the coin..good luck with sale...you know your going to regret this

sommertime said:
MEH.....chassis design is played out

What # is your Jims? :tc

If I could afford my racecar plus a recwheeler it'd be either this buggy or Nolens old 'Stash wagon

Few questions and here are the answers...

111" wheelbase
83" outside of tire
23" belly

Trades? If you toss a restomod 68 Camaro, a chop top flat black Merc or a 50s Caddy my way I'd be interested. I don't need another transfer case wrapped in tube.

crawlin85cj said:
Few questions and here are the answers...

111" wheelbase
83" outside of tire
23" belly

Trades? If you toss a restomod 68 Camaro, a chop top flat black Merc or a 50s Caddy my way I'd be interested. I don't need another transfer case wrapped in tube.

Hold out for the 50's caddy BJ. :****: UP

Someone needs this and I need to build a new race buggy.

You can't have it built for this and it was all NEW parts. No junkyard stuff, this buggy will stand the test of time and your kids can ride it.

She is back in TX now with new panels about to head to the powder coater. She's all freshened up and ready for someone to take her out and ride her like a cheap hooker.

I will keep just about anything off the buggy including the spare parts and discount the price accordingly.

I'm open for partial trades other than buggies.

I'm taking reasonable offers and can deliver it next weekend anywhere between Texas and Chattanooga via Nashville.

Latest posts