• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2015 RZR 900 S Review

COPPERHEAD42

I bought this for my wife to ride. Its the base 2015 RZR 900S non power steering. Fox shocks, gbc dirt commander tires, Besides suspension its pretty much a 1k from the seats forward. I knew nothing about this thing really when I went and picked it up. I knew it only had 75hp compared to the old 900 XP's 88. A arm rear vs trailing arm. Seemed like it would be a good machine for the wife.

We went to SMORR over labor day. SMORR is a awesome park for UTV's. UTV's were everywhere and like most places UTV's are really dominating the offroad parks. I took the 900 S out my self to get some video of it and see what it could do. Everyone was amazed how well it did. Super stable, suspension felt great and it seems to have tons of power. I didn't notice any drop of power between it and 900 XP.

Here I did a drag race. The white and red rzr closest to the camera is a 2014 RZR XP 1000 with Muzzy exhaust and programmer. The middle RZR is a 2012 XP 900 all stock besides a bunch of weight ( cage, bumpers, beadlocks, stereo) and the white RZR further from the camera is the 900 S. We raced several times and this was the same outcome everytime. Honestly the 900 XP would jump a bike right off the bat in from the 900 S but the S would reel it in and pass it. I even got next to a 900 XP with the Jagged X kit in it . We were both running 30ish and punched it to 60 or so and we were dead even. He did have a passenger though.

900 S VS XP 1000 VS XP 900 Drag Race - YouTube

Here is the video of this thing doing work. Later in the night we went back to the same trails and there was a couple I really struggled on in my 1K that this 900 went right up. Nearly every trail we hit the S struggled the least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxzF3pjgfx0&list=UUGDNZOpc0SQq2ACTk2WsHoQ

I was so close to getting one of these, but ended up going with the stealth black xp 900 for a the longer wheelbase. I haven't got to ride one offroad yet but at the dealer I played with them a little. Feels like it has plenty of power. Don't get why everybody is knocking them over the factory HP numbers being lower compared to xp. Keep the videos coming of it!!

COPPERHEAD42 said:
its pretty much a 1k from the seats forward.

So does that mean the leg and head room is the same as in the 1k? I fit much better in a 1000xp than the 900xp. I won't be spending 1000 money any time in the foreseeable future, but the 900s sounds interesting.

The leg and head room feels very similar to the 1k, these seam to be a great fit for a trail rider. Look for new product from Wide Open SXS soon for these.

It has the same trans/rear diff as a 1k but has a xp 900 front diff. Yes leg room is the same as the 1k

What's the top speed on it? I was set on replacing my old S with a new 1000 but now I like the idea of an improved S. I looked at one yesterday at a dealership and they look way tougher than my old one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran 73 with 2 people in mine. Got started on a cage this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_1093193111990.jpeg
    IMG_1093193111990.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 131
It looks to be totally legit on almost all fronts, the rear upper arms are kind of hung in the air on a post with no great way to brace it. That is really my only gripe. I know on my S every time I landed hard on the rear, rolled with teh rear tire hitting or slid hard into a tree or something my rear upper arm mounting points would wad up. Same kind of deal here, not a ton of strength, but should bend back easily. You could brace it but for some reason I was thinking you would have to make it removable, at least on the drivers side for the belt cover. Either way, overall rig seems cool as ****.

Latest posts