• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2019 Cummins or Powestroke?

Dirt700

Looking at new trucks, always been a Dodge guy, but I really like 18+ Ford's. What's y'all's thoughts?

I have a 2012 F-450 with 250K miles that is bone stock with zero issues and I also have a 2017 F-350 with 65k miles that's had zero issues. Both trucks pull very well also. We do have a 2012 dodge 2500 that's got 180k miles on it and its been a good truck but doesn't have near the guts the Fords do.

I have a 2012 F-450 with 250K miles that is bone stock with zero issues and I also have a 2017 F-350 with 65k miles that's had zero issues. Both trucks pull very well also. We do have a 2012 dodge 2500 that's got 180k miles on it and its been a good truck but doesn't have near the guts the Fords do.
I have a 2012 Cummins 2500 now, it's only got 93k on it, just looking at getting a new one. I can get a f250 with more options than a dodge, for same price

Seems like in my area I can get a Lariat powerstroke or a LTZ Duramax for the same price as a middle of the road Dodge truck now.

i have a '16 F250 and love it. like others said mileage aint great. 14daily driven, 8 with my gooseneck (normally 2 bikes, 1 4seat RZR and 1 fat bouncer), 6 when we want to hammer down with another RZR on there.
98,000miles, no real issues (towed my gooseneck 21,000 of those miles-Ford has another odo for trailered miles). Just minor stuff, like a defective mirror, finicki DEF gauge sensor, added 2 sterring stabilizers to take a little of the shake out.

we have 17s and newer in our work fleet and the guys tell me the 17's and up bounce a little more due to them being a little lighter with the aluminum cabs.

Used to be I seen all the hot shot guys and car hauler guys with wedge trailers running dodge cab and chassis trucks. They all pretty much run new fords now, I still see a goat ****er every now and then in a new dodge, so that leads me to believe that the ford is a better truck. IMHO I think the ford looks way better especially with the fancy headlights.

Used to be I seen all the hot shot guys and car hauler guys with wedge trailers running dodge cab and chassis trucks. They all pretty much run new fords now, I still see a goat ****er every now and then in a new dodge, so that leads me to believe that the ford is a better truck. IMHO I think the ford looks way better especially with the fancy headlights.
I definitely think the Ford's look good, the ones I'm looking at don't have the fancy lights. I did look on eBay for the OEM fancy LED lights, they go for about 1200 a pair

Id wager to say they just buy whatever is the cheapest...

It's personal preference between the two. Some swear by Ford and it's the greatest thing and others will only buy Cummins. They both have their pro's and con's. I would test drive each and see what you think then. They're both good trucks really.