• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

205 input bearing question

85toyo

When I was taking my new to me trans and case apart, part of the input bearing fell out. After searching around some I can't find a bearing that resembles mine.

All of the off-road vendors plus napa sell this style. Will this work or should I find one that matches the one I have? To me, it looks like my current bearing has more balls and uses the outer piece that broke to space them instead of the internal spacers like the ones shown on the napa bearing.

It would help to know for sure which transmission, & version of 205 we are working with, but I am gonna say that your 205 is a short female 32 spline Chevy input.

If I am right, the Bearing u posted from Napa is not the right part number. It is a 10 or 27 spline input shaft bearing. The 32 spline has a larger OD than the the 27. The correct bearing for the 32 spline shaft also has a slightly larger larger ID & OD than the 27/10 spline bearing. Cage & ball count in a bearing has nothing to do with whether or not the bearing will fit. That has more to do with the quality of the bearing, load capacity & longevity.

You need Napa part number BRG210NRJ - listed as a 203 input bearing

Here they are side by side, Note the published deminsions & compare against yours.

Screenshot_2014-04-16-06-07-44_zpsn3v83xnq.png

Boz said:
It would help to know for sure which transmission, & version of 205 we are working with, but I am gonna say that your 205 is a short female 32 spline Chevy input.

If I am right, the Bearing u posted from Napa is not the right part number. It is a 10 or 27 spline input shaft bearing. The 32 spline has a larger OD than the the 27. The correct bearing for the 32 spline shaft also has a slightly larger larger ID & OD than the 27/10 spline bearing. Cage & ball count in a bearing has nothing to do with whether or not the bearing will fit. That has more to do with the quality of the bearing, load capacity & longevity.

You need Napa part number BRG210NRJ - listed as a 203 input bearing

Thank ya sir thumb.gif

Latest posts