• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re idle adjustment?

Screw to the left of the lovely red vacuum hoses
snorkle_3.jpg

Picture from 4crawlers site

i cant see how to adjust this thing.. my idle is too high and need it to be lowered..

That screw has barely any effect on mine...

If you have any vacuum leaks, it will be hard to get the idle right with that screw. Also, check all your throttle linkage to make sure it snaps back all the way when you let off. Getting a 22re to idle "perfect" can sometimes take some work, including adjusting the TPS and replacing worn components, down to and including the throttle body itself. Make sure you have no vacuum leaks and you adjust your TPS to specs first though.

If it has a coolant hose going into the throttle body, check its flow.
Dont know much about 22r, but I had a daihatsu that wouldnt idle down.
It has a coolant hose to warm the TB. The hose was completly pluged. Once I opened the blockage, hooked it back up. Idle instantly dropped.
Just thought with all other **** diahatsu copied from toyota, that might be one.

I had this problem for awhile...the best thing to do is buy some 10 mil hose and replace all the vacum hoses, it must be time or you would not have problems...then start working on all the sensors, get a decent multimeter and make all the checks...oh dont know what to check or how....get a friggin manual you chaep bastard...damn....you will soon find the problem child and learn abit about the motor...:rolleyes: