• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

231 to 4l60e ?

jugg

I'm thinking of doing a ls conversion on my yj my question is will a 231c bolt up to a 4l60e with out a adapter. trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start.

No, will need a adapter. A 231c will be a 5 bolt on case and depending on year model of 4l60e will be a 4 or 6 bolt pattern.

I wonder is a Chevy 231 27 spline input could be put into a Jeep 231 6 bolt pattern case. Possibly eliminate needing an adapter. :dunno:

RustyC said:
I wonder is a Chevy 231 27 spline input could be put into a Jeep 231 6 bolt pattern case. Possibly eliminate needing an adapter. :dunno:

Swapping the input can be done, but I don't know about no adapter. The output of the trans I think sticks out to much to accept the tcase housing to bolt up, if you have the 6 bolt style. A machinist could possibly mill the shaft down short enough but then would the tcase housing and trans case bolt together with tcase offset around the input. This does sound like something to look into for a "short" setup. Prolly be 4-5" shorter than using an adapter.

sorry I should have been more clear What I'm trying to avoid is a novak or advance adapter. A factory adapter is fine I just don't know what to look for.Thanks for the help

Re: Re: Re: 231 to 4l60e ?

RustyC said:
use the 231c front half and 231j rear half together. Use the 231c stronger internals. Should find one in a s10

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

If you are wanting to put a 231c on a late model 4l60e/4l65e make sure to get a factory adapter from a s10. all the s10/s10blazer came factory with a 5 bolt pattern tcase. As mentioned a 241c would be a good option as it is a lil stronger than the 231 an slightly larger too.