• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3 link or 4 link?

LaMedic

School me, i need it. 79 Toyota truggy...Toyota axles front and rear.

Pretty much decided on 4 link for the rear but I can't decide on 3 or 4 link for the front. It's a trail only rig.

Ruff Stuff sells kits for a great price that saves me fab time. What y'all think?

Erick

Depends on what you can fit, that 4 wheel underground kit for sale on here is a really nice setup. The whole thing is tig welded. I have 3 link under the front of mine and dont really have any complaints about it.

If you have the room 4 link it, i ran a wishbone 3 link on my last Buggie I liked it but I always had doubts on it when gassing it,

Unless your going to stretch the front end and get that axle in front of the oil pan your going to have to go with a three link. The only way to do that is to go full hydraulic steer. I have a three link on my toyota and love it. I'm going to stretch it and do a 4 link later on to improve my approach angle.

Re: Re: Re: 3 link or 4 link?

Technician said:
Unless your going to stretch the front end and get that axle in front of the oil pan your going to have to go with a three link. The only way to do that is to go full hydraulic steer. I have a three link on my toyota and love it. I'm going to stretch it and do a 4 link later on to improve my approach angle.

I 3 linked the front of 2 Toyota and ran cross over steering.

Yeah im building 2 toyotas now with 3 link fornt and not going to need full hydro. its all about setup.

offroadr1 said:
Yeah im building 2 toyotas now with 3 link fornt and not going to need full hydro. its all about setup.
Yup you shouldn't have to with a 3 link. But to keep it low and have a 4 link you need to stretch it and go full hydro. Not enough room to link up under that oil pan.

Thanks for the input y'all, i figured parts will put me at about 1500-1700 for a 3 link front and 4 link rear. I can weld it all up at home I just don't have much in the fab department.

LaMedic said:
Thanks for the input y'all, i figured parts will put me at about 1500-1700 for a 3 link front and 4 link rear. I can weld it all up at home I just don't have much in the fab department.

Where are you located?

The TLCA club I'm in is putting on an event at hawk pride April 4-7th raffle and all that jazz... So I told mark(owner) I might leave it up there, after i beat the hell out of it, at someone he knows shops. He's gonna get me some info tomorrow.