• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

35 spline D60 Axle shaft options?

Mattman347

The 7.3L Powerstroke guy
Hey guys, been a little bit! I have a 79 D60 with 35 spline Yukon shafts (Older) and I keep breaking them! They are breaking in the middle of the axle or at the stub where it rides on the spindle bearing. Has anyone ever used Nitro shafts and had good success? I am running the Nitro Xcaliber joints now.

Rig is a "ranger" buggy on 43" Mickeys and a 6:1 doubler with the stock 4.0L v-6 and M/T. I am just looking for options since I am "real easy" on it when I do ride and this keeps happening lol

I went with Dutchman axles for my inners and outers, custom cut. Great to work with and product so far has been great.

I'm running the USA standard gear shafts with the Yukon super joints. Been 2 years and no issues, I'm running 43 stickies and a decent v8 with a 4 speed

Hey guys, been a little bit! I have a 79 D60 with 35 spline Yukon shafts (Older) and I keep breaking them! They are breaking in the middle of the axle or at the stub where it rides on the spindle bearing. Has anyone ever used Nitro shafts and had good success? I am running the Nitro Xcaliber joints now.

Rig is a "ranger" buggy on 43" Mickeys and a 6:1 doubler with the stock 4.0L v-6 and M/T. I am just looking for options since I am "real easy" on it when I do ride and this keeps happening lol

Are you sure your axle isn't bent ?

Haha on real easy!

Assuming the axle isn't tweaked, RCV not an option?

What I was thinking to. Possibly a bent spindle maybe? Might be worth looking at more before you throw some more money at shafts.
Yeah im sure the axle is not bent, the shafts are not in any sort of bind. What I mean by keep breaking them, I have broken an inner long side and a stub from the short side so far.

They are an option if thats the way to go, just looking at what the "pros" think! lol. Im good with the diesel stuff, axle stuff not so much...
Understandable there for sure. Just knew you'd had good luck with RCV's in the Explorer so want sure if you were trying to not use them this time around.

Could always go Rockwells for gearing and a non-aluminum transfer case/doubler so you quit exploding those every so often. :rolf:

2nd vouch for dutchman usa shafts, not the dutchman generics (yukon blanks). Superior quality over yukons and have an updated yoke that is closer design to branik legacy/spidertrax yokes. Only other options are rcvs which will break at the bell or spend big money on branik legacy shafts.

Latest posts