• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

36/38” tsl vs sx

jeeptj99

Hopefully getting new shoes for the Jeep soon either 36 or 38"s. Should I do tsl or sx? My only worry is the sx the sidewalk won't flex as well, but that means harder to cut tires which I kinda need. Right now I'm running 35" km2 that are bald and if you look at them the sidewall gets a cut.

38-12.50.16.5 with the 6 ply side wall and 10 ply tread are tough as hell. A little stiff but I will take it in a trade off with toughness. I've been running them a 3+ year on the buggy in my avatar. Love them.
I really wish Interco would built a 39-13.50-17 TSL SX sticky. It would be a BIG splash in the offroad tire market.

RustyC said:
I really wish Interco would built a 39-13.50-17 TSL SX sticky. It would be a BIG splash in the offroad tire market.
I was talking about this the other day, I also beleive irt would be a hit. They must know something we do not :dunno:

toyota104 said:
38-12.50 sx. Have run them on several Toyota trucks

X2

Or 38.5x14.5 SX

Great tire with good proportions/lug size.

Some of the narrow interco tires have significantly smaller lugs than the next width up

Unless you use a narrow wheel, the 38 SX is a small 37 inch tire. I have run them for about 3 years, 38x12.50x15. I have ruined two sets of wheel with them, the tires are tough. With Hal tread left, they measure 35 inches tall on allied wheels

zukimaster said:
Or just find a set of 37" reds and be a rock star!

I would love to have a set of those or sticky treps but budget doesn't allow it.

Hudson1 said:
Unless you use a narrow wheel, the 38 SX is a small 37 inch tire. I have run them for about 3 years, 38x12.50x15. I have ruined two sets of wheel with them, the tires are tough. With Hal tread left, they measure 35 inches tall on allied wheels

Do you know how tall they were new?

Re: 36/38€ tsl vs sx

jeeptj99 said:
I would love to have a set of those or sticky treps but budget doesn€™t allow it.

Do you know how tall they were new?

38x12.50 SX new is maybe 36.5" at max pressure on a skinny wheel.

They are little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: 36/38€ tsl vs sx

Hudson1 said:
I used to have the same size TSL and it measured the same way... I actually picked up a Q78 for a spare and it was the same size.

Re: Re: 36/38€ tsl vs sx

redneckengineered said:
38.5 SX hands down, it is a beast of a tire. Great size too.
I always thought those in a sticky version would be bad ass on a Toyota rig.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No experience with the SX but my TSLs have served me well. Been running my 38s forever and I'm guessing they'll be dry rotted long before the tread wears out as they still have the step on them and are about 8 years old.

I had 38 1250 sx on my yota buggy at first. I ran 2 or 3 psi in them and they didnt wrinkle but they were tough as hell. With that kind of pressure they were just under 34 inches tall on the buggy :****:

BUG-E J said:
I had 38 1250 sx on my yota buggy at first. I ran 2 or 3 psi in them and they didnt wrinkle but they were tough as hell. With that kind of pressure they were just under 34 inches tall on the buggy :****:

SXs must measure out way short. I was curious so I measured my half worn TSLs on 8" diy beadlocks and they were just shy of 37 with 8 psi. Air them up when it's sitting. These are 38x12.50x15.