• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

39-42 Inch DOT Tire choices

xjcrawler

Looking for thoughts on tires to replace my ICraps, these will be for this rig.... http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=27648.0. I do drive it on the road to work and the grocery store but also wheel it when I get a kitchen pass. Tire choices that will be put on it will be more for wheeling than street though, just can't get myself to put Krawlers on it and leave sitting in the garage except for once a month trips to a park.

Re: 39-40 Inch DOT Tire choices

You will not drive it anyway. :flipgotcha: You will definitely will not wheel it. :gay:

bjeep said:
You will not drive it anyway. :flipgotcha: You will definitely will not wheel it. :gay:

If you don't have something positive to add to my thread :gtfo: Not only that, don't you have something of your own to go work on :stir:

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I've heard MTRS make a good dual purpose tire.

I have them on my sierra and love them, also drove a buddy's rig with them around choc one day and was very impressed with them in the woods. They are expensive, thats about the only negative I can think of.

I had KM2's on my crawler and they were a good all purpose tire. We use them on our service vehicles and they hold up pretty good. In fact, I've been involved in pursuits on the highway, cross country through the desert, and on really crappy 2-tracks and they've always held up. Also, some of our vehicles have the MTR's and they've have done well too.

By the way, what was the problem with the IROKS? I read a lot of complaints from guys who live in the east. I'm in southern AZ and IROKS work great out here, however 99.9% of the time the trails are either dry or covered with dry snow.

Nice rig bro.

I have been running 42" MTR-Ks on my tj for about 3 years and I'm really happy with them. Off road they hook great. I only do a few hundred miles a year on the road but they are wearing good. I did have to bump up from 6-8 to 12psi to keep from cutting/pinching the sidewall.

Bill sucks at the interweb, here ya go ;D
null_zps5af98ac1.jpg

Thanks Kerry. :dblthumb:

40" MTR's are about 1900.00 for a set. Has anybody ran some of the Interco SX's that are regular compound on the street?

round, they need to be round! :****: :gtfo:

xjcrawler said:
Looking for thoughts on tires to replace my ICraps, these will be for this rig.... http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=27648.0. I do drive it on the road to work and the grocery store but also wheel it when I get a kitchen pass. Tire choices that will be put on it will be more for wheeling than street though, just can't get myself to put Krawlers on it and leave sitting in the garage except for once a month trips to a park.

xjcrawler said:
Thanks Kerry. :dblthumb:

40" MTR's are about 1900.00 for a set. Has anybody ran some of the Interco SX's that are regular compound on the street?

I think you should get a set of the 54" claws. They will help make that TJ look cool ! :****:

You looked at blue label krawlers? We have sold quite a few sets for XJs and wheel with an FJ on them and none of us have any complaints.

Molly Hatchet said:
round, they need to be round! :****: :gtfo:

Does your wife know you're on the interweb??? :flipgotcha:

bjeep said:
I think you should get a set of the 54" claws. They will help make that TJ look cool ! :****:

I really think you have some of your own **** to be working on instead of messing with my thread :flipper:

LightBnDr said:
You looked at blue label krawlers? We have sold quite a few sets for XJs and wheel with an FJ on them and none of us have any complaints.

Haven't seen a 39" blue label for sale that were in stock. Thought they were a short run produced for the Ultimate Adventure one year.

xjcrawler said:
I really think you have some of your own **** to be working on instead of messing with my thread :flipper:

You asked for opinions I gave mine if you don't like it. To bad!! :flipgotcha: :flipgotcha: :flipgotcha:

Thread said 39-42. Granted we have sold 33s and 35s but you can dang sure get a 42 in a 17 and such.

Good question about 39s though. I'm not sure about that