• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

nealcj8

I have a new set of Red Labels and I was thinking of mabe selling them and trying to get a set of 43 stickies. I have seen everybody that are running reds seem to be very happy and everyone that are running the 43 sx stickies are happy with them. I have always run superswampers so the BFG's are new to me. Is there any body out there that has swapped from one to the other or has run both of them that might have some good input on both?

Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

Depends completely on the terrain you wheel. I wheel a ton of rocks, very little loose muddy climbs. My reds can't be beat. A tsl sticky is a different compound and works awesome in both muddy loose rock as well as straight rocks.

In pure rock situations, reds are the way to go. If not I think a 43 sticky is a great choice.

Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

If you're going to be in rocks, there is no tire out there better than a red. If there's something solid for it to stick to, it's gonna stick. If you are gonna be bouncing and beating on it, sx's are the way to go. The reds sidewalls slice like butter when they cut.

If you aren't cutting your reds, no way I'd ever consider switching.

Boggers or nothing!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe some cut thornbirds if you decide the boggers are to bad ass for you.

TacomaJD said:
If you wanna keep up with Brad, you better stick with them Reds :flipoff1:

:flipoff1: :flipoff1:

whiskeymakin said:
Sidewalls in the sx are tougher...other than that either work well
that's what I'm worried about. I have only rode on the Reds for about 10 minutes at RBD before my junk broke.

nealcj8 said:
:flipoff1: :flipoff1:
that's what I'm worried about. I have only rode on the Reds for about 10 minutes at RBD before my junk broke.

Reds are titties! Wait, didn't you run reds on yer other Jeep when we all wheeled at Hawk Pride at MYM Bash?

TacomaJD said:
Reds are titties! Wait, didn't you run reds on yer other Jeep when we all wheeled at Hawk Pride at MYM Bash?

I had the buggy at hawk pride and I had iroks on it. I just finished the jeep right before RBD.

Struggling with the same problem. Been on reds for 5 plus years. I'm probably gonna stick with reds purely based on cost at this time. I've cut my fair share of krawlers. But honestly, they have been pretty tough and really only once or twice I felt like that the cut wasn't warranted considering what i was doing.

If you're gonna drive by braille then I think sx's are a better choice.

nealcj8 said:
I had the buggy at hawk pride and I had iroks on it. I just finished the jeep right before RBD.

Ahhh, I called it a Jeep cuz it was kinda shaped like one lol. Couldn't remember tires though. Thought all of y'all were running Reds for some reason, but guess it was just Brad and Craig.

IronsWorx said:
Why don't you get the best of both worlds and go with a set of Trepadors?

Meh, the sticky SX's would be better than the Treps in my opinion. I bet Treps are on about the same sticky level as the 43" sticky SX's. I like Treps, but I would either go one extreme or the other, Reds or sticky SX's. In this case, Reds has my vote. Unless yer doing **** that requires a lot of wheel speed, Reds will take you farther than any other tire on the market.

TBItoy said:
But but but reds aren't supposed to work good in mud or wet molaugh molaugh molaugh

Hate it when ppl say that. How many of us spend our time in actual mud anyways? Hell I'd drive 1 mile around a water puddle if there's a trail around lol. I hate mud. But I have been in slick muddy conditions PLENTY of times and tires keep on digging. You rarely see anybody that's owned a set of Reds say they'd rather be running a different tire...