• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3j7"s trail buggy build

3j7

what the hell is an aluminum falcon?
hey guys... figgered I would post up some pics of my build. this is my first buggy build, done a jeep and a couple of s10s. comments or questions are always welcome.

specs
2007 aluminum 5.3 jims performance harness and tune
mild th350
atlas 3.8
d60 front 4.56 e-locker
14 bolt rear, spool
40 inch somethings, possible stickies
17x9 kmcs
aluminum links
blah blah blah
on to the pics

started here built a small chassis table and built some square rails

phonepics824030_zpsda3ec5b0.jpg

flipped to weld
phonepics824026_zps47784b6b.jpg

rub rails and drivetrain mounts
phonepics824108_zps96ee5cac.jpg

phonepics824097_zps1c6954e8.jpg

32314phonepics356_zps81ef9cad.jpg

32314phonepics350_zps630b902c.jpg

rear suspension fab
phonepics4514018_zpsfec034b4.jpg

phonepics4514016_zpsfef1b5cc.jpg

32314phonepics366_zpsee2d78ff.jpg

unfortunately this pretty much brings us up to date... way way edited down from 500 plus pics. forgot to mention this will be a 4 seater with a removable rear cage section (for the fam). I currently have right at 210 hours in it... this will be a pretty slow thread seeing as the only time I get to work on it (other than the odd occasional weekend) is between 5 and 6 am before I go to work... once again questions and comments are welcome, thanks

Love ur build brother wondering if u have been getting after it and just curious dnt wanna scab on ur build but was curious what u went with for a rise in ur rails my # is 9896002109 if ur bored and wanna share on ur build bad ass rig thanks hope mine turns out that gd

thanks guys, hammer I will give you a holler sometime this week when I can for sure... no buggy time this weekend, had to work on my neglected daily driver yesterday and today took delivery of another project which after the buggy is #4. sad thing is they are all my junk. by the way rise on the framerails is 12 inches from bottom of the lower tube to bottom of the top tube. angled piece is at 45 degrees.
removable section will just be bolt on with a couple of tube couplers and clamps, but will be WELL supported... I am only counting on it to take on hit like a jeep cage. kids are 6 and 1 and don't plan on hitting anything hard with them, just general trailriding and street driving.

hammer I am sorry I haven't called you, I swear I will when I get a chance...

small update, rear coilover placement finalized. front links mocked up... coilover placement on the front is next. all upper links are the same, front lowers will be 1.5 inches shorter than the rear. not a big deal but my ocd is screamin
ride height
phoneics42914010_zpsf851092a.jpg

flexed a bit one way
phoneics42914006_zps5da7e64c.jpg

front
phoneics42914042_zps484840ff.jpg

nother
phoneics42914040_zps88760322.jpg

radiator is here, also will be ordering bumpstops later this week. also trying to get the new driver done so I can work on the buggy on weekends rather than that thing...

borrowed a couple of wheels and tires for mockup/motivation

phonepics6614106_zpsb852726c.jpg

phonepics6614096_zps7589babc.jpg

phonepics6614108_zpsdfc46902.jpg

phonepics6614112_zpsaf2f66ca.jpg

phonepics6614114_zps6a20a9d0.jpg

almost looks like it could possibly aspire to try to be a roller some day!!

haven't updated in a while, jealous of you guys who are getting your stuff built so quick! making progress, fighting through setbacks. the worst being the rear 60 housing I started with was no good, after all that work too. decided to go with a 14 bolt, working on that now. been plugging away at all the little stuff too, plus buying a bunch of parts. haven't tackled the rear cage yet because I am putting as much time as I can into just getting it rolling, then i'll worry about finishing it out...

phonepics928034_zpsf332767f.jpg

phonepics81714041_zps8b1231ed.jpg

112914024_zpsbf9f59e5.jpg

112914028_zps0e9ae44f.jpg

112914006_zps6490cb55.jpg

more

141024_0002_zpsdf2b249b.jpg

112914018_zpsafb10dbf.jpg

still hitting it hard as I can in the am... got to the point where it feels weird to work on it in daylight!

I can't wait to see this rig as a roller maybe even some outside pics ;D great job on this rig lots of thought put in on this

yeah it's barnes, it's not sitting on there in the right place if it looks funny... also got their truss and brake brackets.

jp fan said:
I can't wait to see this rig as a roller maybe even some outside pics ;D great job on this rig lots of thought put in on this
thanks man... yeah, me too! ready to actually wheel instead of ride...

Na it looks good I'm about to order one myself is the reason I asked . I have wondered how much of the lip u loose with one of there covers

3j7 said:
haven't updated in a while, jealous of you guys who are getting your stuff built so quick! making progress, fighting through setbacks. the worst being the rear 60 housing I started with was no good, after all that work too. decided to go with a 14 bolt, working on that now. been plugging away at all the little stuff too, plus buying a bunch of parts. haven't tackled the rear cage yet because I am putting as much time as I can into just getting it rolling, then i'll worry about finishing it out...

Don't feel too bad about others getting through there builds so fast; I just checked, and made the first post of my build thread on the 10th of May, 2013. I am still FAR from finished. Almost have a roller though.

Keep whittling away, and it'll come to you.

thanks man, keeping at it... once I get the 14 bolt mocked up and cycled I will be able to order my links (wod) and it will be a roller... if only I could go without sleep this thing would be done!

Hey guys, haven't posted in my thread in a long time, but still making progress... may be driving it in the next month or so. Or not ;) the way it's been going...

it's actually further along than these pics, a lot is ready for fluid...
Brakes are done
Oiling is done
Steering is done
Tcase/transmission is done
Rear axle needs shafts bolted in and drive shaft (on the way)
Front needs aligned and lubed, and drive shafts (also on the way)
Carrier bearing/mid shafts is done
Waiting on springs and Wiring (60% done)
also working in interior skins but almost got the front licked (all I care about right now)

Just trying to get it wheel able for now then I will finish out the skins and rear cage later, I am sick of sitting at home and hearing stories, and I gave up riding passenger a year ago...