• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 link

anybody know where to mount the center joints on top of the axle On a 85 Chevy frame I'm having trou

• do u like.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • u think it will work.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is what I got so far. I'll take some pics of the under side later I'm not at home right now

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK Well let me ask u this then. If u don't get ur links angled enough will the axle sway? What keeps the axle from swayin, probably a stupid question. This is all new to me and because I'm doin it myself. Me and my dad but neither of us can figure out what keeps it from swayin.

if you dont have a triangle in the top or bottom links you need a 5th link from frame rail to opposite side of the axle so it wont (sway) from side to side

My .02 worth, but that heim looks like it is threaded too far out. There is probably only about 1/2" of thread left in the link itself creating a short splice area. What does the attachement points look like at the frame? :dunno:

Well I just scrapped up something to make the other end. And I'm tryin to keep from putting a panhard bar on there. Those joints are 7 inches long all kinds of thread left in there. And I'll post a pic of the otherside

I'm not done with it either I got a little more bracein to do.

I was tryin to keep it out of the way of the drive shaft but now I see yalls pics and I'll redo mine. A lot of thinkin and cuttin And grindin and thinkin some more goes into this ****

Hey what If I left my outside bars where they are at And put my center bars on top of the outside braket? I can't move my lower bars in anymore without going under the crossmember then its hangin lower than my frame.

I think you need to look at some more 4 link designs and start over. Your lower links need to be closer to the center of the rig. Looks like you need to move or make another cross member. The output of the T-case needs to be in front of the frame ends link mounts. I would also mount the shocks under the hoops not on the side all the force is on the weld the way you have them. Just my .02. :-\

What ever your separation is goin 2 b on your axle u need haft that on your frame and your upper links need 2 b around 75% of the length of your lowers (General rule on thumb)

Yall want to come help ill buy a damn keg lol. It's hard to do this on ur own. If I move the lower links closer to the center it hanging bout 6 inches below my frame. In order to clear the drive shaft

CHASMAN9 said:
My .02 worth, but that heim looks like it is threaded too far out. There is probably only about 1/2" of thread left in the link itself creating a short splice area. What does the attachement points look like at the frame? :dunno:

Also to add those tractor joints are porbably not gona last long with trail abuse.

Ya they are just to get me started. And I got to make the links longer now anyways so I'll take care of the thread problem. So u say it needs to be half. Well I got 41 center to center of heims. So 20 an a half center to center? I can Do that It will clear..