• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 link

anybody know where to mount the center joints on top of the axle On a 85 Chevy frame I'm having trou

• do u like.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • u think it will work.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BIG HOSS said:
Yall want to come help ill buy a damn keg lol. It's hard to do this on ur own. If I move the lower links closer to the center it hanging bout 6 inches below my frame. In order to clear the drive shaft

That is the point of move or make a new crossmember.

BIG HOSS said:
Ya they are just to get me started. And I got to make the links longer now anyways so I'll take care of the thread problem. So u say it needs to be half. Well I got 41 center to center of heims. So 20 an a half center to center? I can Do that It will clear..
NO
What he means is if you have 8" of vertical seperation between your axle end upper & lower link mounts, you should have 4" (1/2 of 8") vertical seperation at your frame mount of your links.
And 75% of a 40" lower link would make your upper links 30" long

Hope that clears it up

All u guys need to start a school for this ****. I think I got ya now. I'm gonna give it a try again. If it works ill buy everybody on my page a beer

wontwork said:
Also to add those tractor joints are porbably not gona last long with trail abuse.

I dont think the tractor links will break but they will get sloppy fairly quick. If you have some extra money to put towards the build I would try and get some actual heim joints though. Also getting out there and doing it yourself is the only way your going to learn. :drinkers:

Man I appreciate the advice. And I know the joint Brent great but like I said they and just to get my rig up and going I'm not worried bout money I know this **** ain't. Trust me I'm done up to 10 gran and done yet. Just about everything is new. I'm completely rebuilding my axles. Front and rear. Bout Dana 60s. But everybody has been a big help. And it is greatly appreciated. Come out to w.i.c 4 of July and it will be there. I can't wait.