• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4-link

bc

I'm thinking about gathering parts to link the rear of my jeep and would greatly appreciate some real world opinions. I would like to keep it as economical as possible but not sacrifice on something I may regret in the future. The poly performance kit looks appealing because I have limited fab skills and the brakets are already fabbed up. Should I go 2" dom lowers and 1 3/4 uppers. Heims or JJs? Coilovers, airshocks, struts or coils? I will probably collect parts over an extended period to try and soften the financial blow. I've done quite a bit of research, but, again would like some real world experience. What say you?BTW its aYJ with a 14B rear and sits at about 107-108 right now.

buy a good truss system. apparently KORE has them. buy tabs that fit it. the rest you can buy form whoever. I was looking at ballistics bracket line. they have some pimp stuff that fits on the inside/bottom of the framerail for you lower mounts, and some that weld in your rail for the upper frame ends. shoot for about 8" of vert sep at the axle, full triangulation at the axle on top, 5 or 6 vert at teh frame. mock something up with tack welds and take a pic form the side and back and post it up, let us critique it, get it right, do it up

Thanks for the advice. Poly's truss looks like it will provide for good geometry but its hard to tell how beefy it is. It may be a while before I put this thing together but when I do, I'll post up some pics. Any ideas on Johnny Joints or heims? Also can't decide whether to invest in coilovers or use airshocks, or maybe even coils & shocks?

bc said:
Thanks for the advice. Poly's truss looks like it will provide for good geometry but its hard to tell how beefy it is. It may be a while before I put this thing together but when I do, I'll post up some pics. Any ideas on Johnny Joints or heims? Also can't decide whether to invest in coilovers or use airshocks, or maybe even coils & shocks?
if you can afford, C/O's, you can afford ori's. if not, go airs with a sway.
I'd go rebuildable cartridge joint (johnny or other).

Latest posts