• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 link?

1trailrunner

I would like to build a four link rear end for my 85 toy. Never done or saw it done before. i have my rear end stripped down to the frame. no wires no leaf, shocks, nothing. i was just going to sand blast paint it and throw the leafs back under it but i figure why not just go all the way i know i won't regret it.
Does anyone have tips on where to look? i would like some pretty accurate info such as a book or article if any one knows of some good ones. i have done quite a bit or searching on the web but havent had much luck.

I would like to build a four link rear end for my 85 toy. Never done or saw it done before. i have my rear end stripped down to the frame. no wires no leaf, shocks, nothing. i was just going to sand blast paint it and throw the leafs back under it but i figure why not just go all the way i know i won't regret it.
Does anyone have tips on where to look? i would like some pretty accurate info such as a book or article if any one knows of some good ones. i have done quite a bit or searching on the web but havent had much luck.

Look at the trailqueer kit. Not to be an ass but from the sounds of it you're not ready to do your own 4-link.

Dig through pirate, there is too much 4 link info over there. Search for the 4-link calculater to get yourself started

Hummm looks some thing like this.... From what i hear its easy to install ....I'll let ya know in two weekends...:FIREdevil:

Attachments

• 08 [640x280].jpg
    08 [640x280].jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
4 link calculator

If you want to design it yourself there is a 4 link calculator available from Triage that works well. The only issue with it is you will need to multiply your anti-squat numbers by 50% for a 4x4.

Do a search on Pirate4x4 for the latest version that includes bump and droop calculations and a stress analysis for the links.

Good Luck :awesomework:

heya, yah I'm in the same boat as you.

My main question is, does the 4-link from trailgear work with a stock 4runner '85 setup? I'm planning on moving the fuel tank, but I'm worried that the crossmember might require bed modification?

I've been looking around for 4-link setups on 4runners with their beds still intact, to no avail yet.

What shocks are you planning to run? I'm thinking of doing airshocks, if I can get them to fit.

heya, yah I'm in the same boat as you.

My main question is, does the 4-link from trailgear work with a stock 4runner '85 setup? I'm planning on moving the fuel tank, but I'm worried that the crossmember might require bed modification?

I've been looking around for 4-link setups on 4runners with their beds still intact, to no avail yet.

What shocks are you planning to run? I'm thinking of doing airshocks, if I can get them to fit.

You do have to clearance the floor some. There's a build thread on pirate with lots of good pics of this

hey thanks alot. i do want to build my own not really buy a kit just maybe a couple of parts, which trail gear will help me. thanks for the link Metal Bender. there is some good stuff in there that i am going to use! i am going to start the project relatively soon and will probably start a documented thread on it just for future reference.