• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4-link

miker

any info from someone who has 4 linked a jeep how to set the proper angles the tubing is expensive and i want to only do this once also anybody selling a set of coilovers thanks mike

right on i will read it i own the proper tools welder plasma all the good stuff just need to buy material thanks

I didn't read the whole article. Got to this part and that was enough...
for this discussion we'll stick to a basic four-link where the upper two links start at the frame and converge at the top center of the rear axle. The lower two links will also run from the frame to the outer ends of the axletubes.

You don't want to build this. Do yourself a favor and consult a expert at building suspensions. You won't likely find any here.

I didn't read the whole article. Got to this part and that was enough...

You don't want to build this. Do yourself a favor and consult a expert at building suspensions. You won't likely find any here.

X2.
You can learn ALOT by consulting the experts and I know it's a book PRIMAIRLY aimed at racecars you might want to read the Doorslammers chassis book by Dave Morgan to get a valuable insight on geometries and working angles.