• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

40" treps

They buying off the Maxxis site is a joke, like Rob said nobody is going to pay $800 for a set of tires when the racer cost is half that, even after mark up by the team. I think people are missing the market altogether, with the exception of Interco. Make the stickies available to everybody, charge more than the race teams pay, but not $800/tire I think people would pay $450-$500/tire, but over that is crazy.

rockwild said:
I think alot of the guys complaining about the creepies aren't properly breaking them in

right off the truck and onto the rig they won't perform up to their potential

I've been thinking that the whole time. You really have to get that top layer off the Maxxis stickies for them to hook up good. We used a tire grinder on a brand new set of 37" Treps 2 years ago and took off that top 1/8th inch or so. Wow...what a difference in stckiness and grip.

It boils down to opinions are just like assholes really. Everyone has one.

Kim and I have ran so many tires to be honest and both of us drove on the trails with them and she drove in comps.

Hands down her favorite so far...the 40" Trepador.
I have not drove on them enough to make a judgement, but they are the softest freaking tire I have ever seen.

We've had everything from one of the first handcut set of BFG Krawlers before there was a red label and blue...LOL to the first set of sticky 37" Creepy Crawlers.

I don't really have a lot to add to this thread because I have not run the Maxxis tires. People complain about the side walls on the Krawlers but I have never seen one get cut. What are guys doing to destroy these side walls? In the same situation would any other tire survive sidewall damage? I have abused the sidewalls on my Krawlers and have had no issues with cuts or tears. I have watched the Maxxis crawlers, 37" treps, and Iroc stickies perform and they all seem to do a good job in different situations and driving styles. I don't think there is a 'one size fits all' tire out there. I would not be scared to run any of them but I really like my Krawlers.

DavidsCJ7 said:
I don't think there is a 'one size fits all' tire out there.

Its the Chevy vs. Ford, Red tractors vs. Green Tractors, or Bama vs Ol' Miss.

I think there is a tire for different environments. The Baja T/A may very well be the best tire for a race like KOH, but would suck horribly on a southeast trail. I full opinion is that 39" Red hook way better than 40" Creepies, but the Red sidewall is weaker. No idea on the 39" Red or 40" Creepie vs the 40" Trepadore. I think the 40" Trep is stickier based on fondling one, but have not seen it work on the trail. In an XRRA race they appeared to work, but so does pretty much everything else at high speed where its more momentum.

As for punching holes in tires. **** man, I wish I knew what I was doing, cause I'd stop it. But the fact is I'm going so fast, that you just dont see or know exactly which or where you did the damage. I ran a whole course in Hannibal after I cracked my wheel and started bleeding air. I didn't know where I did it, until a week ago watching someones video on youtube.

how about the sticky interco iroks that are supposed to be available to the public around 450.00 or so. anybody out there running these tires?

onealdodge said:
how about the sticky interco iroks that are supposed to be available to the public around 450.00 or so. anybody out there running these tires?
under_psi rode about 30 minutes on his. Said they were great for what he got to do. Also Buddy Daugherty ran them last season in XRRA. Mike (bent and twisted) should be able to chime in about them, but Buddy did spend more time rubber side up than down so not sure how much he can tell you :flipoff1:

onealdodge said:

I have been very impressed with the few I have seen on the trail. My buddy Mike Green has some and he is blown away by them. Also, they are AVAILABLE without dicking with a competetor. That is almost priceless.

Old homie of mine has a set for sale on the pbb:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705591

B Gillespie said:
Old homie of mine has a set for sale on the pbb:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=32

Nice link ya' fuggin newbie ;)

$650 a tire is what he paid? Fawk get the hell outta Ashland, VA, in case god misses when he strikes that guy down.