• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

42 treps

Sooo do these really suck that bad? Seeing the elustrious jake burkey complain about haw bad has me curious. I will admit after running swampers for year, and switching to 40" nitto's I dont have much desire to go back.....

BUT I am toying with going up the the 42" game when these 4D's are worn out.....And nitto decided to only make the 42" in 20" wheels(boo)....so that leaves me with Maxxis or Swamper SX. or Mickey pro x.

Aesthetically the only one i like is the Trep...

Funny story about that set of tires. I was in the market for some new stickies about 3 months ago and called around to see who had what in stock. I spoke to Jake and he had some SX stickies he was going to sell me. He called back a few days later and said he couldn't get another set soon enough for a buggy he was working on and asked if I'd be interested in some treps. We agree on a price and I go wheel stony later that week. Unload the trailer and head over to the shop to pick them up and the girl working the desk (I think his gf?) tries to change the price on me. Jake was there but wouldn't come out to talk and wouldn't pick up the phone. Ended up getting a set from Scott a week later for less than the price jake and I had originally discussed.

Guess he got tired of the treps sitting in the shop, though I did get a kick out of him bashing them.

Sooo do these really suck that bad? Seeing the elustrious jake burkey complain about haw bad has me curious. I will admit after running swampers for year, and switching to 40" nitto's I dont have much desire to go back.....

BUT I am toying with going up the the 42" game when these 4D's are worn out.....And nitto decided to only make the 42" in 20" wheels(boo)....so that leaves me with Maxxis or Swamper SX. or Mickey pro x.

Aesthetically the only one i like is the Trep...

But do they really perform that bad? I have seen plenty of people with the 42 Treps crawl a lot of good obstacles. Also, watching the Busted Knuckle video I couldn't help but question the reactions after seeing how they struggled to get up the right side of Tee Pee and Boatramp. I have watched several 42 Treps idle up Boatramp. Guess that doesn't work with bouncer driving style. ‍

But do they really perform that bad? I have seen plenty of people with the 42 Treps crawl a lot of good obstacles. Also, watching the Busted Knuckle video I couldn't help but question the reactions after seeing how they struggled to get up the right side of Tee Pee and Boatramp. I have watched several 42 Treps idle up Boatramp. Guess that doesn't work with bouncer driving style. ‍
A friend had a set of 40s and then 42s. Both seemed to work well unless it was super muddy, once he got them broke in. He isnt easy on it, and never cut any of them down. He has switched to Mickeys to give them a shot, but hasnt had a chance to ride much yet.

Boatramp is like the worst obstacle to do any comparison.
I've seen people idle up it in the morning then come back 3h later and not make it up despite spending 15mn on it and trying any kind of method of driving from searching the grip to full on rev to the moon assault.

And we all know Reds kill it on boatramp anyway...

True dat about boat ramp! The last ride I went on down there it happened, nobody but me there, idled up it in reverse, went back 30 minutes later with some people, and could not go up forward.

Latest posts