• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4l60e

rstdwright

I have a 4l60e and a 241 case i know they are the greatest thing to run but its wat i got and they was free but my question is can you run that trans without hooking up all the electronic shift just shift out manually or will it not work because i am getting the howell harness to run and they only have the shift plug for 700r4 on their website they might have wat i need if i call but i was wondering if i needed all that or if it would even work period. Im also wondering about the case there again i know its not the best but there again it was free but im wondering if it will hold up till i get somethin else or is it just goin to come apart first hill

howell should be able to get whatever you need. I have a Howell harness for a 4l60e that was behind an old school 350 with a blower and it worked just fine.

Im not so much worried about the shifting as long as i can do it manually cause its goin to be mainly offroad only do will yhey hold up ok

I doubt it will shift manualy without having the solenoids hooked up. Somebody go unplug the trans on their truck and see if it will move. I'll try it if I can get a hold of another one, I could have experimented today if this thread was up yesterday...

Like i said i didnt know my father in law gave me the motor trans and case he said it feels strong but it wont shift out of first but said that you can shift between the gears manually like park rev and first but i didnt know when it comes time to buy the harness ill just call and get them to put that on my harness

I got a 4l60e in my rig I bought a lil black box from rossler transmission and it lets me shift it manually it was like 300 bucks it plugs in to the transmission computer plug then u gotta hook up a power wire and a ground. Ive had it for like 3 yrs and havent had any problems.

Does this trans have to Hook up to a computer to run right or does it just need power to the solenoids to shift manual cause i dont care if it shift progressive or not i just dont wanna have to have buy a haness for this trans and when i swap it out i dont wanna have to buy another or anything

Dude, It is an electronically controlled transmission. If you don't want to buy a harness then you probably want to find a 700r4.

TransGo Shift Kit/Full Manual: 4L60E Transmission, 1993-05 This is what I put in my 4l60E. It is full manual. I have had no issues with mine, works great.
[Part# TS-4L60E-3]

bbounds said:
TransGo Shift Kit/Full Manual: 4L60E Transmission, 1993-05 This is what I put in my 4l60E. It is full manual. I have had no issues with mine, works great.
[Part# TS-4L60E-3]

this is a real affordable kit that works great.