• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.13s and 3.0 tcase, who has it?

Dirt700

If everything works out, my house will be sold next week. Then I can some order parts for the new buggy. Was going 3.0 atlas, but to save around a $1000, I was going to get the little SCS. If I go straight drive want to make sure I have plenty of gear in 3rd to cruise trails. Specs 6.0, th400, 43s
1st 38:1
2nd 22:1
3rd 15:1
That's what my ratios would be if I done it correct

Depends on the power but I have 4.56 and 3.0 in low and it's plenty low. I hope you can shift fast. I run a th350 though.

BUG-E J said:
Depends on the power but I have 4.56 and 3.0 in low and it's plenty low. I hope you can shift fast. I run a th350 though.
If I can get the SCS with 2.7:1 , I would be about the same as you

Dirt700 said:
If I can get the SCS with 2.7:1 , I would be about the same as you
Man that's low. At a little over 400 horses 1st is about useless. I ride hill to hill in high now which is 1 to 1. Back on my stock motor it was fine. It will depend on your ponies

Re: Re: 5.13s and 3.0 tcase, who has it?

Dirt700 said:
If everything works out, my house will be sold next week. Then I can some order parts for the new buggy. Was going 3.0 atlas, but to save around a $1000, I was going to get the little SCS. If I go straight drive want to make sure I have plenty of gear in 3rd to cruise trails. Specs 6.0, th400, 43s
1st 38:1
2nd 22:1
3rd 15:1
That's what my ratios would be if I done it correct
Who are you buying the scs from? Is it the 10.66? I've been looking at them for a while.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BUG-E J said:
Man that's low. At a little over 400 horses 1st is about useless. I ride hill to hill in high now which is 1 to 1. Back on my stock motor it was fine. It will depend on your ponies
I should be close to 400, a 6.0 with same cam pholman runs, and Steve Morgan is going to tune it.

Re: Re: 5.13s and 3.0 tcase, who has it?

ranger11 said:
Who are you buying the scs from? Is it the 10.66? I've been looking at them for a while.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yea 10.66 that bolts directly to tranny. I talked to SCS shortly, I am going to call filthy next week

That's what was in Bombshell and worked well with a 3000 stall. 1st crawled well and 2nd gear to the mat to bounce a hill.

I'm running this combo through a th350 with 43. I really like the final ratio. I'm running a pretty low stall around 2200 though.
I can crawl stuff with yota cab trucks or smoke the tires on a big ledge into second gear.

Boulderdash said:
I'm running this combo through a th350 with 43. I really like the final ratio. I'm running a pretty low stall around 2200 though.
I can crawl stuff with yota cab trucks or smoke the tires on a big ledge into second gear.

I'm running a sbc that's pretty much built around the pane and single mixer so it feels like it makes some good torque I'd say

I run 5.13's and 3.0 atlas.

stock 6.0L, th350 with stock stall converter.

Got plenty of gear for the wheeling we do. Never wanted more gear, maybe a little more converter is all.

Well if I do go SCS I may do 2.7:1 so I will know I have enough gear, and can still crawl in 1st, I may still get an atlas, I got to call a to z and get a price from them still. I think beerj got his for around 3200, but I don't know if that includes adapter and shifter. If that's for everything, that would only be around 400 more than SCS, which isn't to bad.

Waffle said:
Well, I'm about 450 at the crank, 5.13, 3.0, 43's through a th350. I'm constantly switching to high range because low is just too low for me to cruise the trails.

this. I'm over 500 at the crank with 5.38s, 3.8 and 43s. definitely too low to cruise between trails (well, can be done, but running high rpms). it makes enough power that I don't mind switching to high range and playing around in 1st gear.

2700 stall in my th350

Waffle said:
If the SCS costs north of 3 grand to set it up then I'd say run an Atlas race case 3.0 and 5.13 or 4.88.
5.13 will make hi range more trail friendly for driving too and from obstacles. 4.88 will open up low range top end speed a hair but will affect hi range more and make it more sluggish. How sluggish? Dont know. With a th350 you can forget about 1st gear low range with either ratio cause it'll shift so fast to second.

The th350 makes it tough. Wish I had a 4 speed.

Going to be right around 3k for SCS, I haven't checked on race. Case price, aren't they about 600 more than a regular atlas?

OK, going 3.0 atlas. Is driver drop the way to go with ls motor. The owner of frostbite and snow white live by me, and they both have passenger drop with one piece driveshaft, with 14 bolt fronts. That's the main reason I was going driver because of pinion offset of the 14. If I do go passenger I could run my lp 60 for a while, but something tells me just do the 14, so I don't have to refab once the 60 breaks.

Dirt700 said:
OK, going 3.0 atlas. Is driver drop the way to go with ls motor. The owner of frostbite and snow white live by me, and they both have passenger drop with one piece driveshaft, with 14 bolt fronts. That's the main reason I was going driver because of pinion offset of the 14. If I do go passenger I could run my lp 60 for a while, but something tells me just do the 14, so I don't have to refab once the 60 breaks.
14 it now!

BUG-E J said:
14 it now!

I decided I'm going to, it would be cheaper in the long run to do it now. Does your atlas have the HD input and output? Both Dave's off-road and WOD said I don't need them unless I'm over 600hp. They use the money on something else

Naw it's the baby one. So far it's holding up. Just don't run cable shifters