• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.3 to th350 (dumb question)

tommy450r

I've got a 1999 5.3 from a 2wd silverado an I need to know what adaptor I need for the flywheel?

I've googled it an keep getting different answers. From what I've gathered I can just use one of the 2 flexplates an slot the converter holes is that right??? Which plate do I need??

Edit: I'm gonna swap the 5.3 for a built 6.0 down the road would be nice to have something that would work with it also.

Re:

If you have the dished flexplate you just need the adapter for the snout of the converter and you have to oblong the holes a little and it will bolt right up.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/m20ProductDisplayView?catalogId=10002&langId=-1&productId=826843&storeId=10001

This is all i used on my last buggy and a blazer we did a 5.3 swap on.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

advanced adapters has a kit and its priced good comes with flywheel already drill and the spacer with bolts I used the kit on my 5.3 toth350 worked out perfect

Be aware the Advanced Adaptor is not SFI approved, good looking product best price on the wheel and adapter you will find but OP said a built 6.0 is in his future. I went with the Hughs, not sure I spelled that correct? I also went with a Pro Master starter, let me save you some money here. If your CR is 10.5 or below stay with a new OEM stock unit. The OEM will start a little higher CR but will burn the brushes up eventually and a hard kick back will break the nose. RTR

just go to the chevy dealer and buy a flywheel and spacer for a 6.0 and it will hook right up

All you need is adapter and bolts. The adapter centers and supports the tourque converter. I'm pretty sure all ls flywheels work with all ls based motors.

I believe I have the dished flex plate on my motor. So can I just get a flat flex plate the the little 30 dollar converter snout spacer an be good to go?

Re:

You can use the dished flex plate and the snout spacer. Spacer will go between the flexplate and converter.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

Latest posts