• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

555 already in Cali

dsc05207a.jpg

It's back agin.

attachment.jpg

I'm starting to think these might be photo shopped :wtflol:..................i've never seen this many pictures in a row of this rig with all four tires on the gorund :****: :flipoff1: :flipgotcha:

Bones said:
Surprised you left the 555 logos on it buddy

I never got the chance to remove them. Deal happened so fast.
I kinda look at it as free advertising for now, but know he's taking them off fairly soon. I think they drove straight to TTC from Houston.

not starting a new thread, but we fired the F class motor today in the chassis and went through the gears.

1200hp on methanol is radical! I mean straight ****ing wicked! I ran it through the gears and the airshifters work PERFECT!
Motor is finicky as ****. Hard to start, everything has to be perfect, then you still need some luck. 52 degrees of advance will do that though.

Didn't take it high enough to even get the turbo to kick in so less than 3k rpm's and it was deafening. I think we leave in 35 days!

Prelim weights today. Houston we have a problem, we are WAY too ****ing light! 2300bs! :woot: But the distribution is almost dead on. Needing 60-40 rear bias. Need the car close to 4k heivier the better. Over 175mph under 3k starts to lose traction.

I'm ordering 1200lbs of shot tomorrow. We are filling the lower 2x4 steel rails 208" long with shot. My calcs may suck a bit, but that a bit over 700lbs of shot. Then I have 8 weight containers on the car. three 35lb'ers in the back, and five 50lb'ers in the front.

+ 1050 in shot
+ 200 in driver
+ 100 thats not on the car on the scales
= 3700 ( I hope, and I hope thats enough.
saltweight071110.jpg

Weekend was kinda a lost cause, had a buncha bad juju happen. :-\
-1 rear tire wouldnt seat. Need to dismount and throw way more KY at it.
-Front wheel Inner discs get all over the steering arm. I used a 3" dimple die on the inner Moon cover and helped out a bunch, but wasted 4 hours making both sides work.
-Tried to engine dyno/breakin the AA motor (529ci Cadillac), broke the snout off two starters then three teeth off the flywheel. Stupid high ****ing compression. New flywheel will be here Thursday. We built a brace for the starter to keep it from trying to flex over on the high compression. :woot:
-Managed to build the entire rear fin inner structure only to do the main (top section) upside down. (2 hour setback)
-We had to rerun the Foyt (f class motor) it runs so wicked, we even have the starting down pretty good. Its finicky but manageable. But it started blowning ****loads of oil out of the side accumulation tank vent. No idea why. Pressures all looked good as well.
-And due to the Racepak we had to add this odd little MSD box that now requires us to run two kill switches. ??? You kill the main and the motor stays running :eek:

I need to take some pics, this is a really old pic of the nose. I hope to have all the panels and body at the painter by the end of the week.
IMG_5774.jpg

Bones said:
Where is that trailer now and the contents?
trailer, Hit & Misses went to the Rieke Bros. in Kansas City, the Merlin went to a private collection, and not sure on the tractor.