• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6 0n 6.5 wheel hubs?

Warewolf SD

Merry Christmas all.
I live in the land of trophy trucks and people with deep pockets. Southern California. Having neither of those I am able to buy used or new parts for them at good prices...Race take offs and new parts from sponsor changes etc. My predicament currently is this. I'm hoping to find a way to convert my 14 bolt and my hp 60 (8 on 6.5) to trophy truck (6 on 6.5) wheel patterns without getting too spendy. Ive looked into adapters but the thickness of them and the potential for failure doesn't make them all that desirable. Ive got a few ideas but none that I love. Anybody else? Ive said before the tech here is unmatched so if it can be done im sure somebody here knows a way. Thanks in advance.

Re:

I'd redrill the hub/rotor. There will be a few holes that interfere.

You could buy the 6x5.5 hubs for them and redrill to 6x6.5. That's more $$ though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I cut out of the center of a rotor to get an accurate 5 x 5.5 pattern and used it as a template to redrill Dana 60 front hubs.
Use mild steel rod stock to plug lug holes instead of using lugs. Lugs are way to hard to drill by hand. The drill bit will be pushed away from the hard steel.

Warewolf SD said:
Merry Christmas all.
I live in the land of trophy trucks and people with deep pockets. Southern California. Having neither of those I am able to buy used or new parts for them at good prices...Race take offs and new parts from sponsor changes etc. My predicament currently is this. I'm hoping to find a way to convert my 14 bolt and my hp 60 (8 on 6.5) to trophy truck (6 on 6.5) wheel patterns without getting too spendy. Ive looked into adapters but the thickness of them and the potential for failure doesn't make them all that desirable. Ive got a few ideas but none that I love. Anybody else? Ive said before the tech here is unmatched so if it can be done im sure somebody here knows a way. Thanks in advance.

sometimes the free or good deal parts end up costing you the most.

leave the 6x6.5 wheels for the TTs