• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

750hp ls2 n/a

NTIDWELL

I keep seeing/ hearing claims of 750hp ls2 naturally aspirated 408 ci. And I would like to know how this is possible first time I called bullshit but I have been hearing it a lot. Anyone know what I'm missing best I came up with is 600hp efi and 650hp with carb Now super charger , turbo , and nitrous all very easily hit 750hp. But I'm talking raw engine is it possible if so does someone have a build sheet I know what I put in mine the best I came up with was 580hp but that is only a 403ci. And yes we are talking about at the crank not rwhp Any help how to achieve this goal would be great thanks

NTIDWELL said:
I keep seeing/ hearing claims of 750hp ls2 naturally aspirated 408 ci. And I would like to know how this is possible first time I called bullshit but I have been hearing it a lot. Anyone know what I'm missing best I came up with is 600hp efi and 650hp with carb Now super charger , turbo , and nitrous all very easily hit 750hp. But I'm talking raw engine is it possible if so does someone have a build sheet I know what I put in mine the best I came up with was 580hp but that is only a 403ci. And yes we are talking about at the crank not rwhp Any help how to achieve this goal would be great thanks

My guess would be head flow and compression?

Could probably hit it with c85, or 116. You'd definitely be spending some serious coin on some 300cc+ heads, machine work to get a big enough cam in there, and 15.1... Probably be easier to go aftermarket block, more cubes, less compression, and more reliable HP.

Found this on Ls1tech...

925.7 @ 9600RPM Flywheel HP NA
Well we got our LSX engine dyno'ed yesterday and in the car ready for the track this morning. As far as I know we have the highest N/A numbers with a cathedral port head @ 925 @ 9600rpms. Here is some of the information on the engine build.

LSX Engine 418 Inches
Callies Magnum XL Crankshaft
Comp Custom Camshaft
Daily Oil System
937 Jesel Lifters (Lifter tru by Weston Machine)
Diamond Pistons
Jesel Belt Drive
ET 255 Clylinder Heads Ported by Greg Good and Assembled
Jesel Custom rocker arms
Springs and Valves picked by Greg Good
Sheetmetal Intake by Beck Modified by Greg Good
W2W Dry Sump

We made 15 pulls with the first 3 just break in with checking everything. We made a total of 12 pulls to 9600rpms with the hp continuing to climb past 9600rpms. We never did reach peak power as we decided to pull it off the dyno and put it in the car for the track tomorrow.

If you spin anything to 10,000 rpms with a big ol donkey **** camshaft it'll put up crazy #s, but it'll ne a turd down low and not too practical

NTIDWELL said:

I see so much bullshit HP claims in the rock bouncing world it is laughable. Unless you backed up a Brinks truck to your engine builder and his name is Tom Nelson then I'm not seeing it. I have a heavily built LS2 403 stroker motor similar to yours, 11:1 cr, custom grind cam motion cam, Mast heads, etc etc etc and it dyno'd 580hp at the crank. It's a nasty motor and I love it but like I said, most people don't realize what it takes to start making those numbers. 500hp...no problem. 600hp getting tougher. 700+hp NA get the Brinks truck and I wouldn't think it would be a very reliable motor practically speaking.

My neighbor has a 408 LS built by BES that made 690 dyno verified at the crank. Still has a hydraulic roller cam in it and shifts just over 7000 rpm at the track. 14:1 compression, LS7 heads, carbed and cammed for nitrous. I'm sure if he were going all out NA and stuck a big solid roller cam it it they could have gotten significantly more. I have no doubt that 750 is doable but I feel it's not likely that anyone is making that kind of power in one of these buggies with a stroked 6.0.

redneckengineered said:
I see so much bullshit HP claims in the rock bouncing world it is laughable. Unless you backed up a Brinks truck to your engine builder and his name is Tom Nelson then I'm not seeing it. I have a heavily built LS2 403 stroker motor similar to yours, 11:1 cr, custom grind cam motion cam, Mast heads, etc etc etc and it dyno'd 580hp at the crank. It's a nasty motor and I love it but like I said, most people don't realize what it takes to start making those numbers. 500hp...no problem. 600hp getting tougher. 700+hp NA get the Brinks truck and I wouldn't think it would be a very reliable motor practically speaking.
Exactly what I'm thinking. And dam 9600rpms wow I kill mine at 6800 what do y'all kill yours off at I know stock is supposed to be good to 7200 Also for what I spent getting mine built I think a person would be best off just buying the lsx454 from jegs

NTIDWELL said:
Exactly what I'm thinking. And dam 9600rpms wow I kill mine at 6800 what do y'all kill yours off at I know stock is supposed to be good to 7200 Also for what I spent getting mine built I think a person would be best off just buying the lsx454 from jegs

6800rpm redline. It could turn higher but not sure why I'd want to. It's a great woods motor, it'll crawl or scream and is very manageable.

And you're exactly right, if your goal is to make stupid HP I'd want to start with more cubes. LSX 454 would be a no brainer.

drivermod said:
My neighbor has a 408 LS built by BES that made 690 dyno verified at the crank. Still has a hydraulic roller cam in it and shifts just over 7000 rpm at the track. 14:1 compression, LS7 heads, carbed and cammed for nitrous. I'm sure if he were going all out NA and stuck a big solid roller cam it it they could have gotten significantly more. I have no doubt that 750 is doable but I feel it's not likely that anyone is making that kind of power in one of these buggies with a stroked 6.0.
id like to know what Pistons he got cause at the time we did mine 12:1 was the best that we could get but there was also talk of domed Pistons coming out soon and I heard they was out now And with a full open head as what's ran on a ls7 it would drop you compression wouldn't it. I'm running ls7 guts in my 243 shaved heads to get my 12:1. Or I'm I thinking this completely wrong

I guess the real question is how far can you go on hp and still keep good torque best setup for buggy I see 750hp can be hit with carb haven't seen it with efi but torque was bottomed out

NTIDWELL said:
I guess the real question is how far can you go on hp and still keep good torque best setup for buggy I see 750hp can be hit with carb haven't seen it with efi but torque was bottomed out

Knowing what I know about the 6.0/6.2 I would say 600hp for a stroked 6.0 or 650hp for a stroked 6.2 NA would be my upper limit for a good reliable woods motor. I personally don't like fooling with race gas or tuning issues or super aggressive cams that won't run for **** at low RPM or all the other BS that comes with maxing out a motor.

If you want to start talking more cubes or supercharged setups that's a different story. I'd say BJ's engine is a great example of making huge power but still being reliable and manageable but he's running a blower.

tallnate said:
Found this on Ls1tech...

925.7 @ 9600RPM Flywheel HP NA
Well we got our LSX engine dyno'ed yesterday and in the car ready for the track this morning. As far as I know we have the highest N/A numbers with a cathedral port head @ 925 @ 9600rpms. Here is some of the information on the engine build.

LSX Engine 418 Inches
Callies Magnum XL Crankshaft
Comp Custom Camshaft
Daily Oil System
937 Jesel Lifters (Lifter tru by Weston Machine)
Diamond Pistons
Jesel Belt Drive
ET 255 Clylinder Heads Ported by Greg Good and Assembled
Jesel Custom rocker arms
Springs and Valves picked by Greg Good
Sheetmetal Intake by Beck Modified by Greg Good
W2W Dry Sump

We made 15 pulls with the first 3 just break in with checking everything. We made a total of 12 pulls to 9600rpms with the hp continuing to climb past 9600rpms. We never did reach peak power as we decided to pull it off the dyno and put it in the car for the track tomorrow.

9600 RPM and 180* headers would drop panties :****:

redneckengineered said:
Knowing what I know about the 6.0/6.2 I would say 600hp for a stroked 6.0 or 650hp for a stroked 6.2 NA would be my upper limit for a good reliable woods motor. I personally don't like fooling with race gas or tuning issues or super aggressive cams that won't run for **** at low RPM or all the other BS that comes with maxing out a motor.

If you want to start talking more cubes or supercharged setups that's a different story. I'd say BJ's engine is a great example of making huge power but still being reliable and manageable but he's running a blower.
Completely agree with this. I built mine to run 105-108 /E85 but I couldn't find a consistent fuel with e85 now I stick with 110 And yes bjs motor is flashemifyougotem

redneckengineered said:

would agree. my lq4 is right around 500hp and that's with Texas Speed heads (bumped cr to around 11:1), custom grind comp cam, headers, etc..... builder said to expect about another 100 with stroker kit and changing a couple things.

still run premium pump gas
mine feels like it runs fairly strong and have had many compliments on how it runs and sounds.

more hp would be nice though :smoke:

Nathan, you might check with Chris Kuhn who owns the "torque buggy." That is one mean ass LS that sounds like a big block. I was told it dyno'd 736. Not by him ,but, by a close friend of his.

Re:

I have a forged 416ci waiting to go in a rig running 13.4 compression. Builder guessing low 600's hp. Heads were milled down .030. Going back and doing head work later on with other stuff would push a very low 7 hp number. Motor built by tick performance.

I believe that's very achievable with whats out these days! Call Jeremy Shaw Racing engines and speak with him and he can tell you what it takes and what your looking to spend to do it, but granted he uses top shelf parts that will hold up. Also another LS guru you could talk to about what it would take to make that is Brian Toohley at Brian Toohley racing. He is a cylinder head and camshaft guru and some of his combos hold some records I think. I know both guys and both make big power.
On another note there is no replacement for displacement but all the power lies within the heads, cam, and fuel/air delivery. It will take a seriously worked set of heads and matched camshaft to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/476041532538296/ 270-670-6649 Jeremy

http://www.briantooleyracing.com/ Brian