• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

85 superbobbed 4runner(aka BURNING BENJAMINS)

I would want them as straight as possible. The up and down doesn't look terrible. But dead nuts level would be what I'd aim for.

Thanks for your input as well! My plan is to make plates for both sides drilling 6 holes on the correct layout and pushing it back where the front bolts would be in the rear holes and the rears would be bolted to the plate and raising it up with the plate thickness. If That don't work I guess I will burn the **** off and start over but that will be a major ordeal. The hoop is obviously welded to the axle and the axle panhard tower had to be notched around it then rolled forward to allow the panhard to clear the diff cover when the suspension cycles. Well I couldn't resist welding the hell out of that to the hydo hoop as well so needless to say taking it off will be my last resort! Rookie mistake!!!

The steering kit was pretty complete but I did have to make a bracket for the reservoir and the orbital valve. I had to get the orbital outside the frame a little to make clearance for the steering shaft to alternator. I was able to utilize the factory bolt holes and bolts left from the power steering box to attach it to so that it could be removed easily if ever need be. Still pretty tight but clears all the same. At this point I'm pretty convinced all will fit in the engine bay as I hoped it would!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 118
Good friend of mine found some 18" ori's over on pirate and hooked me up with a phone # back in march. I was originally thinking 16" for the back but I got these cheap enough that I couldn't pass them up. I ordered 2 14" ones in April for the front. 7 week wait on them :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 105
Chris S said:
Good friend of mine found some 18" ori's over on pirate and hooked me up with a phone # back in march. I was originally thinking 16" for the back but I got these cheap enough that I couldn't pass them up. I ordered 2 14" ones in April for the front. 7 week wait on them :(
Cool sharp looking air shocks! flashemifyougotem

Bolted the front fenders on to check tire clearance. I have about 8 1/2" to the top of the masking tape which will be where I will cut them. This seems to be the only issue of tire clearance I will have. Should still be fine for 4-5" of uptravel at this ride hight with 43's but time will tell.
I cut them 5/8" less the line and bent the excess under by relief cutting where needed. Welded up all the relief cuts and ground smooth before shooting them with primer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 351
Got everything primed and blocked back down. Was planning on painting it Burnt orange to rib my wife a little as she has requested a corvette of that color once the kids are out of the house and money presents itself(which is never while having this offroad habit).While looking online for said color I ran across this picture of an old truck painted in Sunset Pearl that I thought was pretty cool so I changed my mind on the color and purchased this paint kit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 347
Thank you sir! I really like this color. Got it all painted and cleared this week. Been working out some of my flaws in the clear. My paint gun dripped on the hood and both fenders while shooting them so wet sanding and buffing is where I'm at now. Hope to get the parts back on it by next weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 103
Had to shoot the parts then the truck as my makeshift booth wasn't big enough to do it all at one time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 107
I have been up in the air a little on which tires I would run. I Know the Reds work great but I wanted to run a 42" tire and I'm totally against running 20" wheels so they were out. I would have really liked to try a set of the 42" treps that I read about over in general discussions but who knows when they will actually be available. A friend of mine was in the market for some 43" sx stickys so I jumped on board with him and we bought a couple of sets wheels and tires last weekend. He went from 42" tsl to these and says his jeep is night vs. day different now so time will tell I guess. Worst case scenario these tires seem to be the hottest thing going here in the southeast so if they end up being too much I shouldn't have a problem finding a new home for them!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 111
Chris, those look awesome. I have seen them all in action and in my opinion you made the right choice. All rock on a dry day reds hook better but throw a little mud in the mix and 43 stickies FTW. I think that slick rig your building is gonna kick arse. :****:

Were you by chance @ a gas station in Falkville, AL last weekend? I seen a truck with 2 sets of 43s and the same Racelines you have pictured!