• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

85 superbobbed 4runner(aka BURNING BENJAMINS)

Chris S

dwa2469 said:
Chris, those look awesome. I have seen them all in action and in my opinion you made the right choice. All rock on a dry day reds hook better but throw a little mud in the mix and 43 stickies FTW. I think that slick rig your building is gonna kick arse. :****:
Thank you Don. Yea I'm satisfied with the tire just wished they made them in a 40" version! I figured if I went with the new 42" trep there talking about, that if they followed suit with there others I would end up with a 40" tire. These 43"sx are pretty true to called size off the vehicle measuring 42 3/4"

Chris S

Got the body put back together and put these tires on. Looks like at this ride hight 4" of up travel will be about the max for the front. I guess when the ori's for the front finally get here I will put it together and make the decision then on how much uptravel/ride height I want to live with. I guess that's one of the best things about the ori's is the simplicity of raising/lowering the vehicle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 51

Chris S

Thanks to all for the compliments! And oh HELL YES this thing will get wheeled!! Paint job turned out pretty good but pictures do things a lot of justice too. It's still a $300 body with a $300 paint job on it in my eyes, and I just hit the high spots when working the body so it's far from perfect. As a matter of fact I left a few dents in it on purpose so when it hits it's first rock or tree I can't feel bad about skinning it.

Chris S

Just boring stuff of late! Been making some interior panels out of aluminum tread plate for the bed sides and I got the floor painted up with some bed coating.Hope to get started back on the outside of it soon. My front struts should be arriving anyday now so hopefully I can get it set up b4 the end of the month.

Chris S

Got a new toy to learn how to use. Seems like a nice bender! Got all the struts now and started on the back half this eve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 47

Eddyj

Just catching up with this build. Awesome work. It doesn't matter how much the paint cost when someone takes a little time and puts forth an effort to do things right the first time it really shows. Good work, keep posting them pics. :dblthumb:

Primary

HardlineCrawlers Assistant
Here are some related products that HardlineCrawlers members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to HardlineCrawlers’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to HardlineCrawlers discussions about these products.

Latest posts