• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

87 toyota 4x4 buildup

damn started doing the "its mail time dance" when i seen the fedex guy show up and he brought me pretty much every part i cant do anything with untill he shows up again knuckle kit sliders and gears are here so far. Still waiting on the axle gusset kit for shock tabs and the axle balls and gear install kit to show up so hopefully monday so i can start throwing **** on

pic 1 parts knuckle kit 529 ring and pinion and rock sliders

pic 2 used but half way new looking shocks from toyota corey i purchased

pic 3 how bored i get while waitin for parts my blue bomber daily with coreys 41iroks next to it lol

Attachments

• lkdikloutf;ogko.jpg
    lkdikloutf;ogko.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 287
  • yfklukdtyfuc.jpg
    yfklukdtyfuc.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 285
  • .ilog,ilfilg.jpg
    .ilog,ilfilg.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
front end put together finally for the last time for a while

front axle has 529s and full knuckle rebuild new trunions you name it all new grease in the birfs and everything also got my 26 inch extended brakelines today

official ride height on the front (gonna have to figure out the rear

TO DO LIST!

bleed brakes

install 529s and weld spiders in rear

put shackles in rear

torque down everything (u bolt plates and hysteer stuff)

get 37" tsl's or boggers

install rock sliders

Bob somewheres between 12 and 24 inches out of the bed

thats all for now more updates when i get a wild hair up my asss to start on the rear of it ( have rear 529 already just lazy)

Attachments

• tjnutemu7r7ykl75rt7mtiu.l.jpg
    tjnutemu7r7ykl75rt7mtiu.l.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 278
  • gjshygkghujyjyrdjmuy,iu,.gujcfyjntydkmiu,oyi.,oit.jpg
    gjshygkghujyjyrdjmuy,iu,.gujcfyjntydkmiu,oyi.,oit.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
just a small update for today pulled my rear 3rd out

and also got the spiders welded up so making progress hopefully next week i can get my front axle trussed everything welded in and get wheeling for the moment till i decide to do links

Attachments

• ujgtyikholp;jio[phy'.jpg
    ujgtyikholp;jio[phy'.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 226
update************

rear 3rd in with locker is installed

shackles are done (cant remember if i did that update or not lol

next to do

put calipers on

route brakeliines to calipers

give the awesome brake pressure upgrade to the lsp valve everyone does(still researching which line to crimp )

fill diffs with oil

put sliders on

piss rod

Attachments

• liouluikyukfuykrf.jpg
    liouluikyukfuykrf.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 197
  • kyufkuymfuym.jpg
    kyufkuymfuym.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 195
nope not kidding ive heard you crimp one off ive heard you bypass it all together to even getting summit racing one thats adjustable not really sure what to believe anymore

either cut off the arm or

do it the right way.

I have removed over 30 of these things over the years. Its easy.

It diverts the extra pressure to the front right tire.

The valve has three lines on it. One is pressure, another is output to the rear hose/tee, the last is a return line going to the front right corner.

If you remove the valve you need to unhook the two lines going back up front (pressure and return). Now go up front and find the right front brake hose, follow it up to the framerail and it will go to a tee under the fenderwell on the framerail. There is only two fitting on the frame right there, a elbow and a tee, the tee is the one you want.

Once you have found the tee, leave the line going down to the hose, leave the line going up to the master, UNHOOK the line going to the rear of the truck. Go to the parts store and get a plug to plug the hole in the tee or replace it with an elbow from a parts truck.

Now take the loose line up front and blow thru it with your mouth or compressor until it spews out fluid and air from one of the loose rear lines. Whatever line is blowing in the rear is marked and bent out of the way. Dont kink it as it can be used as a spare rear line if you ever need one on the trail.

Now hook your rear brake hose to the remaining line that was NOT blown out.

Now the valve is completely eliminated and you have an extra rear hardline already installed from front to rear if needed.

much appreciated for the lamens terms chop! :awesomework: ill do some dicking around tomorrow never driven on a truck with that bypass personally but everyone seems to swear on it on the forums that it helps tons on break pressure

Nice work so far, really hoping the recent opening of space in the garage will help me get my Runner finished.

Looking forward to more updated and listen to Brad, he knows what he's doing.

Everythings done now except welding on my knuckle gussets and rock sliders pretty much now. Did some dinking around the other day testing flex and all that fun stuff. In case anyone was curious i guess 87 stock calipers off an ifs truck bolts directly on to a solid axle and works also. Just a couple flex pictures for the moment apparently corey had to flex his race car on my yotah lol. Will update again when i get the gears broke in and start trail cruising im still currently debating on the bobbing of the bed also

Attachments

• ilugtuikyirf.jpg
    ilugtuikyirf.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 265
  • kiultikui.jpg
    kiultikui.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 258
  • jtyjhtyhtr.jpg
    jtyjhtyhtr.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 254
  • kuyrjuyjty.jpg
    kuyrjuyjty.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 257
its not literally a race car its just the daily driver its nic name is just the race car cause its its liek a 29 second quarter mile runner like all geos lol

went out and played on the local little wheelin spots around town yesturday 1st just dickin around

2nd where i broke my truck

3rd the culprit was i tore all the threads out of my pinion nut in the middle of a quad trail

this week itll be getting bobbed on the bed roughly 13 and a half inches is what im thinking and got laid out at the moment so more to come

Attachments

• jhfjhkjhfkhjfjhk.jpg
    jhfjhkjhfkhjfjhk.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 199
  • luifkiufy.jpg
    luifkiufy.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 191
  • dhjkuyfkjhgjdhgj.jpg
    dhjkuyfkjhgjdhgj.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 191
well just a small update tryed to stick my yoke back on my pinion shaft today and found it was cocked ........ so stripped it all back down and it turns out the pinion walked forward out of its home into my ring gear luckily it didnt mess anything up it tacod my bearring a little bit but didnt chip any teath really except for one little spot which shouldnt make a difference

hoping to have it all ready tomorrow to do more testing of the suspension and trails around here before trusting it enough to drive 20 miles on regular roads and stuff to get to a bigger welder

well been getting work done lately and wheeling and denting the holy piss out of my unit it was straight till a week ago....... lol i hit a buddys home made trail to test the rock sliders and they worked apsolutely great untill those awkward angles side hilling then it just really crushes in the bed. So instead of hammering like crazy like i did my fenders to restraighten them half way out (driver was crushed to the engine compartment) i decided to bob it which got rid of 2 goodsize ones ive hammered a few out of my bed and then said screw it no sense in tryin to make it look pretty now

refixed my front 3rd

put my hoops on lower shock tabs front shocks knuckle gussets

rock sliders done

started a bed bob pic is when i finished it tonight still got grinding and paint and all that fun stuff still so you cant tell it was done

not lettin gme upload pictures of hte progress and stuff so ill figure it out tomorrow

Last edited:

Latest posts