• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

88 samurai buggy project.

krylok

I got this 88 samurai for $700 but there is no wiring, no fuel system and no gas tank. So I'm going to do a Gotpropane setup first and get it running then go from there. Still don't know if I'm going to do the YJ Springs or some other configuration but I do plan to keep the stock axles. One thing I can't seem to find is how people wire their motors without the stock wiring harness. I really want to simplify the wiring get rid of the ECU, the radio etc. and just run the alternator, distributor Starter and have a fuse panel I can use for wiring accessories. Dose anyone have a reference for this type of wiring it would help out a lot. Or maybe a build with this? I will post some pics once I resize them.

I plan on putting a full Cage in and doing most of the modifications myself without "kits". This will only be an off-road toy. I won't have it tagged.

Well if you're going propane the only wires you'll need on the motor are for coolant, oil pressure, and ignition. The factory ECU only controlled the factory carburetor...so theres absolutely no reason you'll need it.