• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

91 yj needing more wheelbase

no change

Support our FIREFIGHTERS
I know theres a way to move the shackles to the rear bumper to give the jeep a little more wheelbase. Where do i get the parts and what all do i need to complete this. It has a spring over with 4" lift springs and a little larger shackles. Maybe an 1" larger. Already comp cut the back. Just need the rest of the puzzle. As always Thanks for the help

Like this...
RearStretchKit.jpg

RearStretchKit_installed.jpg

http://www.bluetorchfab.com/Product/846/BTF-Jeep-YJ-TJ-Wrangler-Rear-Axle-Stretch-Kit.aspx

I thought you needed longer springs for those. Also cherokee springs are the same length as a YJ but have an offset pin that will give you a 3" stretch.

Cherokee rear springs should be 6" longer with a 3" offset center pin. This would give you 6" total of stretch if using the factory YJ frame mounts on the front side of the rear spring. Our kit was designed for this setup.

What about using the yj springs and moving the front perch back and using the BTF bumper? Do the stock shackles work and does the gas tank need to be moved?

no change said:
What about using the yj springs and moving the front perch back and using the BTF bumper? Do the stock shackles work and does the gas tank need to be moved?

You can use the YJ springs and redo the front mounts. The stock shackles should work, although I would suggest replacing bushings at the very least. You will have to relocate the fuel tank.