• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A Letter to Tom from RIDE Motorsports

muchado

Some of you may recognize the RIDE Motorsports Buggy that I helped my friend Matt build. Well Matt got screwed on the whole deal building it for this Tom Guaraldo guy from RIDE Motorsports. This is from my post on Pirate4x4: http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628022 It'll either get deleted or turn into a thread worth getting popcorn for.

Tom AKA philly2crazy,

Since you are unavailable by email or phone... And you've been active in this particular forum the past day, I thought this was the best way to get your attention... What is the deal with you disputing $3900 in payments on your credit card for parts on your buggy that you purchased from a friend of mine? Also why didn't you make the final *cough*$7k*cough* payment on it? Run outta money? I just want a straight answer, because I get all the publicity stunt press releases you push into my inbox but you can't answer my email in private about this matter or phone calls from the party directly involved.

Grow a pair of nuts and CALL the guy who sold you the parts and built your buggy if there is a problem..... Stuff like this really doesnt look good on you or your team, and don't expect me or the guy you are trying to scam to keep hush hush. I'm sad that I introduced you to Matt and let you sell him on your smoke and mirrors sponsorship thing.... He worked his ass off for essentially nothing(other than big **COUGH**BULLSHIT**COUGH**promises of magazine features and trade show exposure of a buggy with him as the MAIN sponsor), which he was fine with but you expect him to eat the $$ for parts on the buggy too?? WTF.

Sorry this had to resort in a Pirate post but philly2crazy will not answer to more appropriate methods of addressing this issue. And no this is not a bash on the 2 girls driving the rig Tom DIDNT pay for...

IF you can't pay for it, give it back. You either got your cash(or credit charges), or your buggy, but not both. I hope you can call Matt and RESOLVE this issue instead of blowing off communication like you have been.

[note to self] deal cash only up front[/note to self]

I remember that build. Guy would not take any tips from some top suspension guys on Pirate. Visibility looks aweful too.

That is all I know other than I like the tiny hos that drive it.

The buggy had issues. Yes. Still has alot of issues. I guess this is a case of you get what you pay for. Chassis was donated as well as the labor to make it "turn key" was next to nothing. Several parts never arrived... How the hell are you supposed to get a buggy rolling without axle shafts? I bailed on this whole thing early on....When Matt and Tom made the deal I knew it was doomed so I stopped helping--because I did help with the chassis part of it. The rest was on Matt, funny there were 3 XRRA drivers telling Matt not to accept the deal. Anyway... in the competitors forum there's a bitchfest about issues with the buggy, but MOST buggies have bugs to work out--especially from a first time builder. When you demand delivery of an unfinished rig it doesnt give the builder time to work out the bugs and realize where you f-ed up and make it right.

I'm just glad it's not my deal. This guy is a ****in douchbag

I just don't get how you can dispute credit card payment for motor parts and rod ends that are on the buggy. **** the labor, Matt shouldn't have to pay for this guy's parts!