• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A/T Tow Rig Tires

Anyone ever run the Tread Wright Wardens?

I'm currently looking at those. My factory tires on my 21 F350 haven't made it to 30K
No personal experience with Tread Wrights but I know there's a long thread on Irate4x4 talking about tow rig tires and there are tons of complaints about all things Tread Wright.

After talking with @Mattman347 I've got some Milestar Patagonia ATR's on order for install next week. Went with the 33's in Load Range E since the 35's are back ordered.

Between 20k miles of personal experience with the Patagonia AT's on the wife's Tacoma and his experience with them towing all over the country I'd imagine I'll be pretty happy with them. Plus can't beat the price of $850 for tires and 50k mile warranty.

I bought a set of Falken AT3W for my Chevy 2500 a couple years ago. I don't have many miles on them but they are quite and been great on wet roads. They are a deeper tread than most other comparable tires. I would imagine they will be great in snow but haven't had enough in my area to try out. If I had not bought these I would have went with Nittos-Toyos because of there construction and how good they are balancing

After talking with @Mattman347 I've got some Milestar Patagonia ATR's on order for install next week. Went with the 33's in Load Range E since the 35's are back ordered.

Between 20k miles of personal experience with the Patagonia AT's on the wife's Tacoma and his experience with them towing all over the country I'd imagine I'll be pretty happy with them. Plus can't beat the price of $850 for tires and 50k mile warranty.
Did you order them locally or online? They don't look half bad.

Did you order them locally or online? They don't look half bad.
Yes to both:) Ordered through Tire Discounters website but the local store only had two in stock. So they called and was having to wait til next week to get the other two in stock.

Yes to both:) Ordered through Tire Discounters website but the local store only had two in stock. So they called and was having to wait til next week to get the other two in stock.
Gotcha. Obviously, I always see sites that sell tires when looking up all these different brands and models but wasn't sure if it was ever worth it to purchase from them.

Gotcha. Obviously, I always see sites that sell tires when looking up all these different brands and models but wasn't sure if it was ever worth it to purchase from them.
I'm in the same boat there in terms of online purchases and having a local tire store mount etc. Not sure if there is much money saved after all that but I don't have first hand experience with it either.

Basically I just found a tire I wanted and had to find who carried/could get them semi locally etc.

We just got 4-5" of snow overnight and was quickly reminded how badly I need tires. Bit the bullet and ordered a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's. I've ran normal AT3's before when we got 30" of snow once and they did well. Granted, I wasn't driving through 30" but plenty of spots 15+. Plus, the XLT's should be good since I do tow at about the limit for this truck.

Got the 33'' Milestar Patagonia ATR's mounted up last Monday and have driven the truck maybe 50 miles since then due to all the snow last week.

First impressions are the 33'' ATR's look tiny in the wheel well, despite the Toyo's also being 33's. Wish I could have found the 35's, but wasn't in the cards thanks to their backorder status.

The ATR's are substantially quieter than the Toyos. Dropped approximately 15 decibels at interstate speed (yes I downloaded a decibel app and did the same drive with the Toyos and the ATR's because I am a nerd). Also, the ATR's weigh in at 9 pounds per tire lighter than the Toyos. So lost 45 pounds last week, which is super important on an 8300 pound truck...

All in all, I am pleased with the purchase after limited drive time with them.

1FC52FC5-CA80-4C78-B2CF-A2DFEBDEDFCF.jpeg
DA6EE78A-DB8B-41CC-A6E6-127FA2A1EA0F.jpeg
EDF9895A-4EFE-43C5-B63A-F9DA3FEDA04A.jpeg
FDB2CB61-799B-4336-A3A8-4C7E3D035A3C.jpeg
6C4DD30B-4EB1-4096-BE31-505E4C8ECCAC.jpeg

So if anyone needs some half tread or better, 275x70x18 Toyo Open Country MT's, I know a guy.
7D05C33A-DEDE-4EF2-94F6-E9C762A23C83.jpeg

Bringing this thread back to the top due to a picture in the "Random Media" section. 20k miles later and I am still very pleased with the Milestars. Good traction in all aspects (rain, snow, mud, etc). Still very quiet on all road surfaces and seem to be wearing evenly. Milestars are typically a softer compound, so I do a rotate with each oil change as well. All that said, I'd 100% buy these tires again and only drawback is how "small" they look in the Ford's wheelwells.

Anyone tried the BFG HD Terrain yet? I saw Marvin giving them good reviews, but he might be biased. The tread pattern looks a little more open than the AT, but not as much as the MT. Also looks alot like the offshore MT patterns.

Anyone tried the BFG HD Terrain yet? I saw Marvin giving them good reviews, but he might be biased. The tread pattern looks a little more open than the AT, but not as much as the MT. Also looks alot like the offshore MT patterns.

I've had a set on my 2004 Chevy 2500 for a few months now and really like them. Quiet for as aggressive as the tread pattern is and seem to be wearing just fine. BFG made a special compound for these tires that's harder and should wear much better than their KO2 line. Admittedly, BFG really had a problem with the compound on the KO2 for guys running them on heavy trucks. They're a great tire but weren't suited for heavier trucks, hence this new completely targeted design specifically for heavy trucks. They're designed with commercial applications in mind. I'll say this, I did have a little vibration in the rear and couldn't figure it out after a re-balance. It wasn't the balance, it ended up just being a small pressure drop that took the vibration away. Understand, this is a load range E tire and in an unloaded pickup, you don't have a lot of weight on that rear end. So, pretty freaking stiff at recommended pressure. SO, play with the pressure some until you find your own sweet spot. That's my honest .02 cents worth answer. Overall, I love them though.

Attachments

• BFGHDTerrain.jpg
    BFGHDTerrain.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 72
I've had a set on my 2004 Chevy 2500 for a few months now and really like them. Quiet for as aggressive as the tread pattern is and seem to be wearing just fine. BFG made a special compound for these tires that's harder and should wear much better than their KO2 line. Admittedly, BFG really had a problem with the compound on the KO2 for guys running them on heavy trucks. They're a great tire but weren't suited for heavier trucks, hence this new completely targeted design specifically for heavy trucks. They're designed with commercial applications in mind. I'll say this, I did have a little vibration in the rear and couldn't figure it out after a re-balance. It wasn't the balance, it ended up just being a small pressure drop that took the vibration away. Understand, this is a load range E tire and in an unloaded pickup, you don't have a lot of weight on that rear end. So, pretty freaking stiff at recommended pressure. SO, play with the pressure some until you find your own sweet spot. That's my honest .02 cents worth answer. Overall, I love them though.
Good review. How many miles do you have on them so far?

Thanks for the feedback. I searched for this thread to ask about these. I drive a gas titan xd (so basically like a light duty 3/4 ton) and haul trailers and or tools all the time. I'm about to put on 4th set of tires in 93k miles. Stock ones, then **** cepeks (they weren't dead, just needed one replaced at half tread and the price made me get new ones, most recently Cooper st maxx. None have held up well.

I'm going to try these next

I recently put a set of firestone destination x/t on my 2018 bone stock f250 6.7. I ordered transforcer a/t tires but due to a warehouse issue they gave me the destinations. I pull a 5th wheel toy hauler often thats around 13,500-14,500 depending on the load. These tires are holding up well but do make a little more noise than the transforcers do

Latest posts