• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Adding more Power Steering Fluid??

Haulin4alivin

I've done some searching and cant seem to find what I'm looking for so I guess I will start a thread. If there is a topic already here if someone would send me that way I sure would appreciate it. I'm needing to add more volume to my O'Reilly's Power Steering Pump. I know I've seen a few different ways just cant remember them all. I have a radiator hose attached to the top of mine but it still isn't enough volume.

I guess my FNG question here is do I just drill and tap the reservoir on the pump and run a line to the remote reservoir ?

We still don't know what pump you're dealing with here but assuming it is a p-style pump you can't just drill and tap the reservoir because it is thin sheet metal. The best method to use the remote reservoir in that case is to replace your current reservoir with one of the ones I listed that have a fitting that is meant to go to a remote reservoir. If you're really trying to rig it up you might could buy a weld-on bung and weld it to your existing reservoir, but you're probably going to warp it and it will never seal again if you do that.

Haulin4alivin said:
I guess my FNG question here is do I just drill and tap the reservoir on the pump and run a line to the remote reservoir ?

No. That will cause fluid to run out of the vented cap on the factory reservoir.

The easiest way to ass volume to a factory system is to add a cooler in the return line. If you use a heat sink cooler. Both PSC and Howe sell them and they will add cooling as well as volume.

ygy7y5ym.jpg