• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Advice on selling/parting a 6.0 Ford

Craig_c

I'm in a situation where I need to get rid of a truck. This was my dads truck who passed away a little over a year ago. 2004 F250, XLT Lariet. Truck has a dead engine....needs head gaskets, injectors, and hpop to start. Rest of the truck is in good shape, some scratches and a couple small dents on the back of the bed. Tailgate isn't perfect but not bad. The leather interior is near perfect.

A guy who deals in these trucks a lot came by today and offered me 1800 for it. I can't do that. I'd think more around 3000 for it. I doubt anyone would buy it for 3, but I can't let it go for nothing.

Has the Dana 60 front, and I assume a Sterling rear? Like I said, interior is near perfect. Trans had no issues, as well as the transfer.

I wanted some unbiased opinions, from people who arnt trying to get the truck for little to nothing. I'd fix it for my mom but she doesn't want it around since it was dads truck....and she doesn't need anything that big. Do you guys think it would be better to part it out? What would the pair of axles, 100% complete with disc brakes all around, 3.73 gears be worth? Interior....could a guy get a 1000 for the complete interior? All leather, power on both front seats? Then sell things like the bed and body, trans/transfer, and the good parts from the engine....

Mom said she'd give the truck to goodwill before she sold it to someone for 1800!

Don't know a lot about these trucks except for anyone who has ever owned one or turned a wrench on one has told me to stay away from them . With that being said, I think a 3/4 ton truck in good shape even without a motor has to be worth 3k, I could be wrong. But for someone looking to do a cummins swap or something like that, 3k sounds like a good starting point.

Do you have any pictures of said truck? That may help out.

Pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    852.7 KB · Views: 106
I know if it was mine I'd drop a Cummins in it and be done. I dont know how much cash you have to play with but the swap could be done for around $6 grand.

I have a diesel truck or I'd buy it from my mom. She doesn't want nor need a big truck. And seeing it just reminds her of my dad, so there's that too. If she wanted it, I'd fix the engine for her and go on with it.

The truck (especially the interior) looks to be in good shape, especially for being 12 years old. If a cummins swap could be done for around 6k or less, someone would have a pretty nice ride for $9k.

I think its worth every penny of 3 grand. Wheres it located? If it isn't too far away, I have a buddy thats been looking for a truck.

Kentucky, near Ft Knox. A good buffing and other than a few deep scratches the body would look pretty good.

Text me some more pictures 502 600 1745, I'm right up the road, might take it for 3g.

Wish things were different, i would be all over this. I have an 04 And would like to build another up.

Easily worth 3k.... Interior would likely bring 2k on ebay.

If it was a dually I'd be all over it
Wanna build a full air ride tow pig with a DT 360

Latest posts