Aetna Mountain Adventures -Perlaky property access

L

lowbudgetjunk

Re:

Never been, but want to go. This ??? makes me happy.

Kel Lawrence

RZRS

What part of Aetna is the park on is there a map y'all could post on here.

billstoy

I like Aetna. It is great to have more options, BUT Krackem and I tried this 3 weeks ago. It was 22$ per person for all in your buggy. The area is not well marked , easy to get lost and be trespassing quickly. This is the map we were given .It does not help much. It is 3 miles from parking to peanut butter hole with many unmarked trails. maybe they will get the new parking area built , get trail markers, get a good map,and get prices right.

ridefast

It was 22$ per person for all in your buggy.
Their FB info says that riders are $5.50?

This is the kind of poorly thought-out BS that keeps otherwise good ideas from taking off.

::)

JRowe

Non-member fees:
For daily visitors $22 a day for the driver and $5.50 for passengers. Update Effective 3-30-2015.

billstoy

I'm glad to see the price issue resolved since I was there. Hope they work to resolve some more of the smaller issues. With just a little effort it would be great..
A map would be a easy issue. It would help people like me who never came in that way before. If it was not for phone gps. I would have been lost on the trip out. Some trail signs and property markers are important too !!

RockHales

billstoy said:
I like Aetna. It is great to have more options, BUT Krackem and I tried this 3 weeks ago. It was 22$ per person for all in your buggy. The area is not well marked , easy to get lost and be trespassing quickly. This is the map we were given .It does not help much. It is 3 miles from parking to peanut butter hole with many unmarked trails. I will not go back soon ,, maybe when they get the new parking area built , get trail markers, get a good map,and get prices right. Right now they are asking to much for to little. JMO..
yes you know he changed it that day I followed you down because of the 26 rigs that followed me up that morning and there was 2/3/4 people per rig and there was no way they were going to pay $22 per head. Further more I agree with you 100% AOP for me right now. I wish them the best and maybe the mapping will get better and new trails will be cut, only time will tell.

jacrawler

Just wondering,,,so is everyone parking at the WE-ROCK parking lot,,or is there a new parking area now also,,? if so,,where? :dunno:

TBItoy

Re: Re: Aetna Mountain Adventures -Perlaky property access

jacrawler said:
Just wondering,,,so is everyone parking at the WE-ROCK parking lot,,or is there a new parking area now also,,? if so,,where? :dunno:
Raccoon Mtn campground. Complete other side of the Mtn.

jacrawler

rite on,,thx,,so is that the exit off I-24 rite after you go by the big curve in the river in chattanoga?

billstoy

yes . follow signs to raccoon mtn. go into camp ground , follow signs to the go cart track, I think you pay there, and park in the field there.

RockHales

jacrawler said:
WeRock is still open too. That's what thier FB page says.

jeeptj99

RockHales said:
WeRock is still open too. That's what thier FB page says.
Is anyone still a member? At one time I was but then TWRA started their bs and I didn't reup. No one I knew was still a member either.

RockHales

jeeptj99 said:
Is anyone still a member? At one time I was but then TWRA started their bs and I didn't reup. No one I knew was still a member either.
I know a few (5-6) that still have campers or cabins there(there are more but it's folks I do not know) I don't know of anyone that has a $200 'daily' key anymore, I'm sure some do but nothing like it was before.
If anyone knows mnt Paul he has even moved out.

jeeptj99

That's kind of sad. Seemed like a cool place to go and hang out/ride. I only got to go about 3 times because the year I joined my family's farm was hit by a tornado 2 weeks later and I didn't ride that year.

billstoy

Went to aetna today, Great to see they are working to make a new legal place to ride. I felt welcome by " I think it was Steve and son". They are working on issues I stated in the past. new parking area is under const. going to place security cameras in the parking area. They are working on marking the trails and property boundries . I like aetna I hope they continue to grow.
Can we work on a better map ?

Latest posts