• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aftermarket D60/D70 35 Spline axle shafts

Grama

Hey who all makes good shafts? I just twisted my dutchman shafts and they wont warrenty them till they break. I travel enough with my rig to know I dont want it to fail 20 hours from home. Thanks guys!

Graeme

Gream how old are your Dutchmans? From what I understand the old Dutchmans were Superiors rebadged but now their something else.
My Dutchman rears are like 8 years old and still going strong.

If you go dutchman go with the more expensive option. I have been running yukons and havent twisted them, i know jeepmauler has and they were warrantied :;

EDIT:I just re-read the topic...REAR shafts:rolleyes: :looser: **** if I know....somethin strong:redneck:

Such a loaded question.

In a perfect world I'd have bobby CV's....but then I'd start breaking knuckles,more R/P's etc.....somethings gotta give.I know Barry and a bunch of the Pheonix crew run Jack's 300M set up

I have been twisting YUKON shafts but nothing's broke(knock on wood) and the service/warranty at YUKON is #1.('cept for the punks at willcall:flipoff: )

I have been 20+ hrs from home and yardsaled my ****(a number of times) and it sucks ass....with youre unlimited budget Gram...I'd say go Bobby Long:redneck:

Last edited:
The axle is about a year and a half old. I thought the new dutchmans were Yukons? I got Yukons up front and am very happy with them.

I wouldn't know. I just e-wheel.

Seriously though, how hard would it be to get another carrier, broach (sp) it for 40 splines, weld it up and buy some 40 spline axles.

The cost of upgrading to 40s is insignificant in the big picture.

And if you find a few extra bucks, buy a Detroit while you're at it.

M.

just get a yukon blank and have it splined locally. hey you dont have time to be foolin around get your junk together so we can go wheelin:D

I've got the old school cut the spline to fit off the shelf Randy's shizzy from about 8 years ago...

They're barely twisted, and I mean you have to look hard. Don't know what's happened to their newer stuff?

The problem is that Moser and Dutchman use 1541H axles that are only marginally stronger than stock, which is good enough for drag cars and rear axles 95% of time.

If you really want unbreakable you are going to need to go to 40 spline or 4340, as far as I know that is Sandy Cone stuff but I have never asked about special ordering 4340 from Superior. When I went shopping for 35 spline it all was 1541H from Yukon, Dutchman, and Moser and between those three they didnt offer 4340 when I asked.

Ohhh now that would be sexy. I cant get an aftermarket shaft big enough for my longside so that would fix that problem too.