• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air pressure 43 SX Stickies and others....

gsell

Let's talk tire pressures. Over the course of owning my rig, in the beginning I was running the "mullet combo" 44 TSL's in the front and 44 boggers in the rear with 3 lbs of pressure in the front and two lbs in the boggers, then I changed to 42 IROKS that I ran 4 lbs in the fronts and 3 lbs in the rear. I just switched over to 43 TSL SX stickies and I am currently running 9 lbs front and back on trail gear wheels with no issues, but I am thinking of trying 7lbs in the front and 5lbs in the rears. Just curious for the sx sticky crowd, what is the lowest air pressure you have ran in the 43 stickies? It would be interesting to hear from others what type tire and pressures you are running on your rigs. My rig is the typical heavy one ton jeep, v8, dual cases, etc....

10 front and rear when racing, 5 when playing around. Never had a problem on trail ready bead locks.

My 38.5 tsl sx's will pop the inside bead if i run under 8 on the front. Which last time it happened we was at aop and i had the entire weight of the truck on the left front wheel

Nate you were the first to say cheater tires to us last weekend, I would expect nothing less from a guy that abuses his 6 cylinder like you do. ;D

Run 8 on reds.

However, what is good for one is not good for another. A lot depends on the driving style. Most rock bouncers started out with low crawling pressures and found out they cut side walls on impact. With my style, I could go a lot lower than 8, but I have not found lower pressures work better with my driving style.

Re: Re: Re: Air pressure 43 SX Stickies and others....

JohnG said:
Run 8 on reds.

However, what is good for one is not good for another. A lot depends on the driving style. Most rock bouncers started out with low crawling pressures and found out they cut side walls on impact. With my style, I could go a lot lower than 8, but I have not found lower pressures work better with my driving style.

x2. Gives you a little more clearance on your diffs too.

Hell I crawled Hell's Revenge with 15 psi in my front tires last time I was at chocc. Forgot that Angryfab pumped them up so they wouldn't keep leaking down and I forgot to adjust pressure til halfway through the day.

TacomaJD said:
x2. Gives you a little more clearance on your diffs too.

Hell I crawled Hell's Revenge with 15 psi in my front tires last time I was at chocc. Forgot that Angryfab pumped them up so they wouldn't keep leaking down and I forgot to adjust pressure til halfway through the day.

Lori climbed cable hill last year during the SRRS race with 20psi in the tires.

Roger that on the driving style, My Son and I swap drivers, He is more of a bouncer and I to steal a phrase "Drive like a grandma with a walker going to take a crap" SO if he drives I will tend to keep them aired up a bit, if I drive I can get away with really low pressure. Thanks for the input guys.

gsell said:
Roger that on the driving style, My Son and I swap drivers, He is more of a bouncer and I to steal a phrase "Drive like a grandma with a walker going to take a crap" SO if he drives I will tend to keep them aired up a bit, if I drive I can get away with really low pressure. Thanks for the input guys.
You ain't getting no younger Sellers, so your phrase might be fitting, I also resemble that remark

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

run my creepys at 18 and they work great most of my buddys run close to the same and there all on some sort of sticky tire .more psi equals less cutting imo

I run 5 front and 3-3.5 rear in my 44"tsl's. Don't have enough woopow for serious bouncing, but I let it eat when I need to. Just a little leakage from time to time if I leave it parked on extreme side hill. Keep a compressor with me so no real issues.

I run 6 psi in White trash with double beadlocks and 8 psi in Bombshell with TR HD single beadlocks.

I run close to 10 in all mine. I don't care if they all exactly the same so once it clears the 10 psi mark I just stop there. I'm rough on **** and seen too many people bust racelines with sticky sx's. More air = more ground clearance and bigger bounce.

Latest posts